TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheInnocentMan Offline
Silent_Disaster
Welcome me, I'm new!

I attacked my dad in my sleep :/ - August 16th 2009, 05:05 PM

So I woke up this morning, wonering why the hell my pillow was on the ground.
According to my dad, I fell asleep with the light on.
I watched The Exorcist the night before, so the girl's face was trapped in my mind. So, light stayed on.
and I don't know, because I also drank the night before more than usual, but I wasn't drunk, just tipsy.
Im also an avid gamer, practically every game I play is killing something.
So, my dad said he went to turn off the light at night, and he said I got up from my bed right away and shoved him or something then he shoved me back. He asked me if I had a nightmare, and I said yes. I dont remember anything like this.

Im honestly scared to go to sleep now because I dont know what I might do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: I attacked my dad in my sleep :/ - August 17th 2009, 03:48 AM

The aggressiveness could be partially due to the alcohol that you drank as well as fear from the movie still being in your mind. It could also be when you are in a state of being woken up but you're not completely awake. You can communicate to someone, perhaps even have a very small conversation that's not too complex and you are likely to not remember it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: I attacked my dad in my sleep :/ - August 18th 2009, 09:37 PM

Hey there,

I agree with YourNightmare here, your agression may be due to alcohol which will have still been in your system whilst you were sleeping and perhaps also due to the movie that you watched still being in your mind before and during your sleep.
I have got up out of my bed and have had a conversation with people whilst I have been asleep with no recollection of it and I have not had another experience like that again - what I'm trying to explain is that this may just be a one-off event and nothing to worry about, plenty of people have done this before and not done it again.

If you're really worried about this again I would recommend that you try to steer yourself away from drinking alcohol before you sleep and maybe cut down on any mental stimulation before you sleep, whether it is violent video games or horror movies.

Closed Thread