TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Um... Voices...? - September 25th 2009, 11:30 PM

So, I've been having these... incidents. The first time it happened I brushed it aside to just being tired or something. It's happened twice now.
They both happened when I'd gone to lay down in bed, the first time I was really tired but the second time I wasn't tired at all. Just sitting in bed, waiting to get tired.

Thing is, I think to myself all the time. Literally THINK to myself. Wierd or not, it's what I do and I think it's fine. I have a voice in my head, and I can tell what my voice sounds like. These incidences... I havn't heard my voice in my head. I've heard ANOTHERS voice outSIDE my head. From a certain ear.

First time, right ear, I heard a womans voice. I can't tell what she was saying, it sounded like... a rambling public service announcement or something. But it went on and on and I remember just laying there, trying to figure out exactly what 'she' was saying. When I really started to pay attention, like trying very hard to figure out what she's saying, it stopped.

Second time, left ear, I heard a mans voice. It wasn't very long so I couldn't figure out what he said.

It just... worries me a bit. The first one was about... a week or so ago, and this second one just yesterday. I already know my heads a little messed up since I can't seem to stop being depressed and the chemical imbalance HAS to be a little screwy since I am slightly a synesthiac. (I 'hear colors' as I like to put it. long story.)
I researched schizophrenia a year or so ago and learned that it usually appears in young adults/teenagers. I also know that they won't always like. tell you to kill everyone but still.
Just... don't know what to do. Parents are basically out of the question. I've asked about therapy before, they think therapy is stupid. They laugh at stuff like mental illness and suicide... Great people...

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
katara317 Offline
A friend to all
Not a n00b

Name: Morgan

Re: Um... Voices...? - September 25th 2009, 11:58 PM

im no expert but i do think to myself too.
for the first experience: so u didnt have anything on? like a radio or something? maybe u were so tired u were a little delusional? i dont know. you said u "hear colors", maybe something triggered a memory and u heard the audio part of the memory? the brain is a strange thing
for the second experience: was the man's voice distant or something? did u reconise it? again it may be a memory that was triggered.
as for your parents, i advise u to find someone to talk to. From what im hearing, u r taking this very seriously which is very good! id talk to a school councelor or a teacher. teachers may not know what to do about the problem but they are there to help u and ur well being. i would kno.... Maybe ask them to help u to get help or a therypist? Also maybe re-approach your parents with this and tell them u really want to talk to a professional. hope this helps!

Dorothy

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Um... Voices...? - September 26th 2009, 12:07 AM

No I don't have anything on at night. No tv, radio, not even music (which is rare. lol)
I figured I was tired the first time. That's why it was so easy to brush aside the first time it happened, just figured I was overtired. But the second time made me worry..
I'm not sure on the memory thing... I wasn't really thinking about much and when I think of memories and stuff, if I think of someones voice talking, I don't actually HEAR it like that...
To go into detail about the colors thing, basically sounds have a color to me. like... violins are kinda pinkish for example. Thus, why I love music so much.

Counselors at my school arn't what they're supposed to me. They don't, and don't want to, talk about student problems. They're just there to help with class schedules. That's been made clear.
I'm hesitent on telling people HERE really cause... I live in a VERY religious area, and quite a few people know I'm a Satanist. I have a pentagram wristband as well. Hell, I don't care if they hate me for it, that's their problem, but I just know that most people will just say I'm possesed by the devil or something... I don't even think Satan actually exists...

Also, I should add that I don't do drugs, or drink. I HAVE drank, but that wasn't much, and almost a month ago. I've never done any drugs like pot or anything. So it's not that.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Last edited by TheBabyEater; September 26th 2009 at 12:13 AM.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
katara317 Offline
A friend to all
Not a n00b

Re: Um... Voices...? - September 27th 2009, 06:28 PM

i never thought of drugs or alcohol nor do i now. Those are some lousy "councelors" at school! they arent fit to be called councelors! I think thats beautiful that u can put a color to a sound! so poetic! From what im hearing, religion might get in the way of getting help. If i were you, i would do research on finding help in your area by yourself, but re approach your parents saying that you do want to talk to a psycoligist (no spelin on weakendz!) or whoever you think would help. if they deny this for you, do some research about getting help in your area. if THAT fails, talk to family members ie an uncle or aunt or cousin but some1 you are close to.they may be able to talk sense into your parents or get you help. im sorry that i dont have the magic answer but hearing voices like that cause some alarm. i aint no head shrink but you should look for help. hope this helps! oh btw if you PM me with some info about your area i may be able to help you look if you decide to!

Dorothy
<("<) (v"v) (>")> (^"^)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Um... Voices...? - September 27th 2009, 10:02 PM

I guess I'll just have to ask my parents again... It will be hell. It was hard enough. Much less a second time. But there's not much else I can do... Even if I do research my area for a psychologist, I'l still need their permission to get one because of insurence and paying for it and crap...
I think I'm only going to do that if it happens again. So far it's been a few days, and my boyfriends dad said that until I can completely understand what they're saying, It's probably not something to freak out about. And I trust him with my life.

Then again I've thought about them a lot and I think I might know what the guy was saying... that I had to leave. I told my boyfriend, he thought it was aggressive but to me it didn't sound aggressive. more like. a fact. leave as in... run away or escape, not get out like in horror movies.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
katara317 Offline
A friend to all
Not a n00b

Re: Um... Voices...? - September 27th 2009, 10:06 PM

whoh whoh whoh back up! do u mean run away as in leave home? im lost

(#7 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Um... Voices...? - September 28th 2009, 12:37 AM

Yeah. I don't get along well with my parents and family in general, and don't really like the area we're living at now.
I probably wont simply because if I do they'll call the police. But can't say I'm not extremely tempted now.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
katara317 Offline
A friend to all
Not a n00b

Re: Um... Voices...? - September 28th 2009, 03:35 AM

well that shows they care! I urge you to talk to your parents again!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Um... Voices...? - September 28th 2009, 07:26 PM

Not really... At least to me anyway. They don't care if I don't come home for dinner or if I get hurt or anything. They just don't want me spending all their money or more likely, me getting found by the police without them, and them being sued for child neglect.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Closed Thread