TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Exclamation Do I have it? - October 6th 2009, 03:27 AM

So here's my problem. I've been having these bad feelings for a long time now--they're a lethal combination of worthlessness, a sense of impending doom and just pure sadness. For some reason, I've pegged school as the main instigator of these feelings. For instance, I'm worried that I'm going to be bullied (because it has happened before) and that my friends will not want to hang out with me anymore. At night, especially, I get really scared and anxious and I just dont' want to go to school. My work and everything is fine, but I'm just really anxious about it still for no reason.

I was researching online about why I might be having these feelings and it turns out that I might have anxiety or depression, or a mixture of the two. What do you guys think?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
LauraB Offline
unbreakable
Not a n00b

Name: Laura

Re: Do I have it? - October 6th 2009, 03:51 AM

It does sound like you have anxiety , and/or depression. I grew up with my brother who had anxiety and my bestfriend who has anxiety and depression. The best way to be sure , is to seek help. There are many medicines out there that can help you with how you're feeling!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Do I have it? - October 6th 2009, 04:23 AM

In order to diagnose you with any psychiatric disorder, part of the diagnosis involves looking at how long the symptoms last for among other things. You also have to assess the social environment you're in, such as, has something happened that may have caused you to have these feelings? There are plenty of other criteria to look for, those are only a few.

Lastly, it may not be either anxiety nor depression. It can be something different, such as adjustment disorder and adjustment disorder has several sub-types, some of which include anxiety and depression. I'm not saying it is adjustment disorder, in fact, I'm saying that judging from the information you gave, it cant be said that you have any disorder at all due to lack of information.

Worrying that you'll be bullied may not necessarily be a disorder because there may indeed be evidence that something bad happened before and it's only rational to try to make sure that bad thing doesn't occur again.

If you want an official diagnosis, then go see a psychiatrist, psychologist, neuropsychologist, etc... .

Closed Thread