TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Dreams where I die at the end - October 9th 2009, 05:01 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Wtf, the title says it. I had one just now, in which I got stabbed in the throat with a pencil and bled to death. Woke up from it just now. It's several times this has happened recently. Never used to happen before. It's not normal I know that, so wtf is going on? I know I'm not exactly 100% sane right now, but this... lol. It's irritating me. I woke up and I was FKin pale.

Last edited by Perplexity; October 9th 2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Adding in 'triggering' prefix to thread.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Dreams where I die at the end - October 9th 2009, 06:02 PM

Hiya

First you need to calm down. Although your dreams are scary, you have to remember they are not real. Dreams are a puzzle.

Have you had any traumatic experiances at all.....because anything like that can trigger off strange and horrible dreams.

Having dreams were you die at the end, may be your head telling you, you are scared of dying.

I think that maybe, to stop these dreams try and relax yourself before you go to bed and fall asleep thinking nice things.

Try and have a bath or shower and a cup of cocoa, that is a real relaxant. Then get into bed and think happy thoughts.

The less you worry about your dream, although hard to do, the less worry your dream will give you.

Remember, its not real.
I hope you can get through this....its ok to dream.
Jaymi
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Dreams where I die at the end - October 9th 2009, 06:15 PM

Ye I've had something bad happen recently. My thread in the "Depression" forum says most of what there is to say about it. That's about 2 months ago by now though. It was a hard blow, and it still hurts. I don't like writing about it right now.

But one event like that triggers memories of other things. There's a bit too much of it for me to stomach sometimes. It exhausts me, and that's why I took a "nap", 4 hours long during the day.

I've almost entirely forgotten about the dream. But it sort of seems, that when there's no one really close to me left to die, I have to experience having it happen to me when Im asleep. Great isn't it? Pisses me off when I think off it. I think I've just lost my equilibrium in my head. I feel pretty calm now though, but I'm a lot different now than I was 4 months ago.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Dreams where I die at the end - October 9th 2009, 06:17 PM

K, this has triggered the domino effect in my head again. I fucking hate this state I'm in. I don't even know if it's depression. It's just crazy. Need to get couseling of some sort again, and try and control this. It's to distructive.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
falling_x Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Vicx

Re: Dreams where I die at the end - October 9th 2009, 06:21 PM

Dreams about dying aren't about physically dying .... but an emotion or idea or something like that dying.

Then your throat in your dreams are about your true self and/or speaking the truth.

it may just be that your subconscience is letting you know that it is truing to deal with your problems ... or that you ned to speak up about them ...

at the end of the day though only you know what your dreams mean!

So much for that idea ...

Want a chat? Get in touch ...

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Dreams where I die at the end - October 9th 2009, 06:28 PM

I do have a soar throat right now, for about a week... doubt that's the reason. Ive had other dreams, similar, that ... ye, its stupid. I got stabbed in the eye with a pitchfork in one of them. No idea. It's weird, makes me laugh even, it's so ridiculous.

Last edited by BDF; October 10th 2009 at 02:38 AM.

Closed Thread