TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BlueArtS Offline
Not a n00b

the future - November 30th 2009, 09:24 PM

it just looks like its gonna be so hard and that i should just give up now and not even be in it at all....idk what im gonna do if i dont give up...but it doesnt look good. it cant be. what if the things that are hard now are still hard when im grown up?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: the future - November 30th 2009, 10:24 PM

Giving up isn't an option! If you do, where will it get you? It's much better to try, fail, and learn from the experience instead of just giving up.

And remember all those fears and problems you had in elementary school, or when you were a kid? You thought they were scary back then, right? Now look back at it. Doesn't seem like such a big deal now, huh? Years from now, you will look back at this situation and think the same thing. That's because we still learn new things, even as we get older.

Could you explain the situation more clearly?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BlueArtS Offline
Not a n00b

Re: the future - December 1st 2009, 12:05 AM

yeah and all the fears and things in elementary school...are still there. well some of the big ones are....so i should give up. kinda.

yeah im just not gonna be good at being a grown up...and its gonna come soon...im bad at it...really bad. when i was little...i kept saying its ok im gonna get better when im 12...then at 12 i said its ok ill be better by 15...then 15 came....its ok ill be better by 16...16 came...ill be better soon....im 17 now. im gonna be 18. its to hard. i dont get better. things are hard...that arent hard for 17 year olds. im just crazy. i feel it. i act it. i cant stop. i never know what to do....

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: the future - December 1st 2009, 08:34 PM

So you're just worried about being a 'grown-up?'
There's a difference between being a grown-up and mature.

Personally, I think you're pretty mature for coming on here and asking for help...but everyone has their different opinion on what a 'grown-up' is. I'm 16, and I always convinced myself since I was 14 that my life would eventually get better with time and luck. It didn't. Even though it sounds uncomfortable, you have to go out and be the change you want to see. If I hadn't reached out to people, and they hadn't helped me out, I would've probably killed myself months ago...

I think you're afraid of being happy. When we become so used to being sad, we're afraid to change because being sad is all that we've known. No matter what you decide to do, choose happiness.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BlueArtS Offline
Not a n00b

Re: the future - December 1st 2009, 11:14 PM

im not afriad of being happy........its not getting better.

Closed Thread