TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xoxolin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Nightmares - January 19th 2010, 05:02 AM

So um. I have a few questions...
About two and a half years ago, I had a nightmare that kind of has started bothering me again: I had a nightmare that I murdered someone. It made me cry, and just freak out for a few days.... I lied to my parents and told them it was some boy being a poohead, because I didn't really want to admit to anyone that I'd just had a nightmare about murdering someone. I'm not a bad person, and I would never hurt someone purposely. Ever.
My questions are: Does that make me a bad person, that I'd have a dream like that? Does it mean there's something wrong with me? Is it completely just pointless to worry about this? Should I seriously be looked at or... idk. It really freaked me out.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cherryqueen1248 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Care

Re: Nightmares - January 19th 2010, 08:01 PM

this does NOT make you a bad person, just because you dream it dosent mean its A) going to come true and B) define who you are. I do not think this is something to worry about unless it happens a lot over the next few weeks or months, then I guess I would talk to a trusted adult. They will not judge you or be scared of you, and it really could help! No need to be "looked at" because there really is nothing wrong with you! Just keep an eye on things to see if you continue having this dream, if so then talk to someone about it and it might help you!
Keep your chin up and dont let anything get in your way PM me if you need to talk!
With a cherry on top,
Cherry.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tiny_93 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Z

Re: Nightmares - January 19th 2010, 08:37 PM

It really does not make you a bad person. Our dreams can be difficult to understand - you've had a dream about murdering someone but that don't actually mean you're going to do it. You've said you would never hurt anyone, so a dream is a dream. If it continues to bug you, talk to someone about it.
Hope this helps.
Laura

SH Free since:
22/12/09

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Nightmares - January 19th 2010, 11:33 PM

No your not a bad person for murdering someone in your dreams. Best do it there then in the real world. Jk’s

In all seriousness it’s actually natural to dream about things you fear the most, and in your case that could be living with the guilt of hurting others. I wouldn’t put much though in to it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Nightmares - January 20th 2010, 04:01 AM

It definitely does not make you a bad person at all. I think we all dream about the things we fear the most (like ryan said) and that is probably what is happening with you.

Next time you have the dream keep on reminding yourself that it is not real. I know that sometimes dreams can seem real but the more you remind yourself of its falsehood you will probably start to notice your fear ebbing.

Hang in there and if you need anything feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread