TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hannahjadee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question How to get help for my anxiety issue - February 2nd 2010, 02:32 AM

Since the beginning of the school year there has been alot more work, and alot more tests. I've always have been known for having "episodes" here and there, but not alot. I've been feeling really sad lately and yes i have been thinking about dealth sometimes. I am having a rough time in Spanish class, and i try so hard, i study, do all my work, but then when i take the test i get stressed. I know people almost always gets stressed during test, but my palms get sweaty, i get the most throbbing headaches and stomach pain. I refuse to cheat because 1. i dont want to get caught and 2. it defeats the perpose of studying. Today, i failed my spanish test and after class i started to have another episode, i ran into the bathroom and started to puke, which has never happend. It freaked me out which caused me to loose my breathe and caused to to puke even more. For the last two weeks i will cry almost every night for no reasons what so ever, and there is nothing i can think why. Everything and everyone has been getting on my last nerve. As we speak my mom is dancing to her ipod and i just want to scream. One of my closests friend and i are kind of in a fight. Because everything she says to me or does is making me go crazy. I hate being like this because usually i am a happy person. I am outgoing and self ritous. But now, i am a lonely, sad, crazy girl who needs help. I've been reading teenshealth.org and all of their articles about stress and anxiety basically been saying to me i should be telling my parents about how i've been feeling. Or tell a trusted adult. I do want help, but don't know how to. Please give me advice on how to either talk to my parents or my guidence teacher, i really need help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: How to get help for my anxiety issue - February 3rd 2010, 03:48 PM

Hey,

I'm glad you are looking for a way to talk to your parents or a guidance counselor. You seem to really be struggling and having a hard time, and you you deserve to get help so you can start feeling better!

In terms of talking with your parents--I'd let them know that you want to sit down and have a private, serious conversation, with no interruptions. Clearly explain to them what's going on--you could even print out this post that you wrote and read it to them. Tell them everything, about how you've been feeling, what you're thinking, etc. You need to be as honest as possible so that they understand the full range of what's going on for you. Let them know that you need help and that's why you're coming to them.

Be firm with what you need--make sure they understand. Keep reaching out until they are responsive!

Best of luck and take care of yourself.
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
Closed Thread