TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chaos Theory Offline
Knowledge will truimph.
Junior TeenHelper

Devoid of emotion - March 21st 2010, 05:28 AM

I want to be devoid of emotion, completely. The only emotions I have been feeling lately are hatred, anger, bitterness, and jealousy. I can honestly confess that I haven't feel happy at all for a long while. A long long while. If I were to hold onto these emotion, I am going to be insane. I already posted a thread before about me wanting to kill everyone I see. If I am unable to feel anything, I can surely able to press on with my troubled life without me losing my sanity. I just don't want to feel anything, so that nothing will ever be able to put another daunt on me.

But it is quite hard...

To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the approbation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To give of one's self; To leave the world a bit better...; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - This is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://www.formspring.me/ToucheTurtle <-- Ask me a question

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DegReg Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Devoid of emotion - March 21st 2010, 06:41 AM

Purgatory is a fate worse than Hell.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Devoid of emotion - March 21st 2010, 06:51 AM

Hey, Marco.

If a lot of hard things have been happening to you lately, then it's understandable how you might just want to stop feeling feelings. But there are so many good ones, like happiness and love that you don't want to miss out on. Those happy emotions are what life is all about. Why live life if you aren't willing to experience them? I know that you are and want to, so just open up and let it happen. If you ever want to talk, I'm here. Send me a PM/VM, or add me on MSN. Stay strong.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Devoid of emotion - March 21st 2010, 12:06 PM

Hey there Marco,

I'm sorry that you haven't felt happy for a long time and that, instead, you've been suffering all of these negative emotions. It seems as though you're having a very difficult time trying to cope with these emotions and that's not surprising. You shouldn't have to deal with just negative feelings, you do deserve to be happy. It is possible that you can change these negative feelings, Marco, with strength and determination that you do help. It's good to see that you're reaching out for help and realise that you should be happy - that's a very positive step forward.

Have you talked to anyone about how you've been feeling, Marco? It's important that you do release these negative emotions in a safe and worthwhile manner, talking these feelings through could be very helpful. Talking to a friend, relative or a professional may be a good idea for you right now, especially if you're still thinking about hurting people.

Take care.

Closed Thread