TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

sleep trouble - April 13th 2010, 05:22 PM

at the moment i seem to be having real trouble getting to sleep at night, i have had trouble getting to sleep for the past two nights, so much so that i am not getting to sleep until about 5 sometimes 6 in the morning my alarm goes off at 7 if i have college, if i dont have college i seem to wake up at about 9sih. thing is my mum knows of my sleep trouble, in the past i have been on herbal sleeping pills these are no longer working. my routine has not changed i just cant sleep.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Smile Re: sleep trouble - April 13th 2010, 06:11 PM

Hey,
I know what your going threw. I have not been able to go to sleep sometimes around those times as well. As a result i am getting up way too late. If those sleeping pills are not working i wold try another brand. If you are really concerned i would call a doctor. Feel free to PM me!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: sleep trouble - April 13th 2010, 06:48 PM

unfortunatley going to the doctor is not possible, my mum is agianst meds from the doctor. so i have to stick to herbal stuff but the herbal ones arent really working, though i have not took herbal ones for a little while so i might give them another go.

Videos team

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ReyZ Offline
In a game without rules
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rey

Re: sleep trouble - April 14th 2010, 01:26 AM

Hey.
I get what you mean. The sleeping pills were working before right?
Here's a trick to try out. Your body for one gets use to pills over time and if youre taking the same kind of pill for a long period of time ur body wont be affected by it.
Try a different brand for a bit of something simular and when it seems not to work switch back to previos or another. alternate them when the other seems not to work. Also if you have any light in your room try and block it or turn it off. Also computer before bed not sudgested, try and be off an hr ahead of time. Last tip.... read a book before bed..
I dont know if thisll help but hopefully it does.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
VitruvianDoc Offline
Medical Student
Not a n00b

Name: Charles

Re: sleep trouble - April 14th 2010, 05:35 AM

Just take some benadryl (diphenhydramine hcl). Take between 25 and 50 mg at night and it will help you sleep more sound with no side effects other than maybe repressing some allergies. Its non addictive, non habit forming, and can be done for extended periods.

B.S. in Biology, Minor in Chemistry - May 2010
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine - May 2014

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: sleep trouble - April 14th 2010, 03:12 PM

I read something once about melatonin being used as a natural sleep aid. it's used to regulate sleep patterns and I think a lot of people take it when travelling to help them settle into different time zones etc It's also used for more long-term sleep problems.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: sleep trouble - April 14th 2010, 04:00 PM

As well as all the things mentioned, try some simple relaxation techniques. When you're trying to sleep, try to clear your mind or let your mind "drift". Try not to fret about not sleeping - I know that's easier said than done but it makes it worse. Get ready for bed early so that you feel ready to wind down and sleep. From what you've described it sounds like your sleep problems are quite serious and these things alone may not help, but if you try them with other things like sleep medication it might get easier for you to sleep.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: sleep trouble - April 14th 2010, 08:58 PM

today my mum went to the supermarket and has bought me some of the supermarkets own brand im hoping these will help, i had a bad night sleep last night too, did not get till sleep till 3am and then woke up at 5 and could not get back to sleep. my tutors are noticing at college than im always tired and im using excuses like police helicopters, neighbours having parties, tvs in my house are too loud, foxes, cars comming down my road. i dont want to admit to my tutors that my sleeping trobule is more than just helicopters and cars and stuff though these are some of the things that keep me awake, but with the sleeping pills i can sleep with them there, i hope. i read last night and still could not sleep.

Videos team

(#9 (permalink)) Old
ride-the-sky Offline
Not a n00b

Re: sleep trouble - April 18th 2010, 09:37 PM

I have the same problem as you. I'm currently working on helping my sleep problems also. At one point I thought of sleeping pills, but i realized they would help but they wouldnt help the actual root of the problem. Sleeping issues can be associated with things like depression, so I figured I would try working on my own issues that are causing me to be depressed. It turnes out, that on my better days (when I am more hopeful and happy) I get a better night sleep. Im not saying your sleep problem is definately caused by depression/troubling issues in your life because thats not the only cause of sleep issues, but its a likely possibility. So anyway, I just thought I'd share my thoughts with you so maybe they could help you in some way and you could try what I said.

Closed Thread