TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ceffyldwfr Offline
Questioner
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alexis

Unhappy In a world of the like. - April 16th 2010, 08:26 PM

I am just a seventeen year-old girl stuck in a world where society emulates the weird and not-normal things of life. I'm not really sure how to write this, so I'll just keep going until, hopefully, I get out the right words. In my area, the strange is emulated. The vast majority of my school claims that they are 'crazy' and have various mental problems of the sort. So, imagine the difficulty in finding someone that will take you seriously when you say (and actually mean it) that you aren't particularly right in the head. Impossible. People joke too much, and in one way, you could say that having mental problems is easier than in the past, but in another way, it's much harder because it mostly goes unnoticed and untreated.

I just can't find anyone to talk to about my problems. My parents don't really even know because I rarely talk at home and keep to myself. I've withdrawn from my friends and I have a hard time relating with anybody my age, or basically just people in general.

I just need to know: how can I be better and happier when I don't know how and when I can't relate to anybody? I want to be happier.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: In a world of the like. - April 21st 2010, 06:41 AM

Are you currently seeing a psychological professional of some sort? While it's true that talking to an adult isn't the same as talking to a friend who's around your age, a psychological professional WOULD be able to relate to what you're going through. They've been trained to see past the false claims and mimicry that so many teenagers engage in, for the purposes of getting attention from their peers. After an assessment and diagnosis, the two of you could work toward figuring out how to cope with these feelings. You may also be able to participate in group therapy sessions, meeting people around your age who are dealing with similar issues.

Hang in there, and feel free to PM me anytime. <3 You're not alone.

Closed Thread