TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Someone HELP ME! i'm going mad - April 21st 2010, 03:58 AM

Alright, so I use to never have this problem this bad... All I do is sit around and remember my past. I end up remembering something and then playing it back in my head and I talk in my head what if I was to say this then, like i play it off like it's happening. I end up talking to myself alot and I'm starting not to want to talk to other people, like i waste so much energy talking in my head my voice never comes out. I'll play situations in my head like say if i think i'm going to get made fun of today i come up with something to say and how to reply to it.
It all started when I moved and whent three months without going outside other then school cause of winter....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Someone HELP ME! i'm going mad - April 21st 2010, 06:10 AM

Hey there. =) I tend to "role-play" various scenarios in my head as well. If I'm really nervous about talking to my supervisor, or if I'm going to an interview, I'll ask myself questions that the other person might ask me, and then I'll answer those questions. Sometimes I'll just think it, and sometimes I'll say it all out loud. It's a good way to ease your anxiety, and to prepare for potentially awkward situations that you might face.

But your situation is a bit different. You're not just planning for future events... you're also re-playing past events. What kind(s) of events are you dwelling upon? Are they significant (ex. wishing you had said/done something different), or are they irrelevant (ex. remembering a conversation you had with a cashier at the grocery store)? If you're recalling significant events, then perhaps it's because you've been unable to gain closure since moving, and you need to find a way to be at peace with what happened in the past. If you're recalling irrelevant events, then perhaps it would be best to speak to a school counselor, psychologist, etc. about how these thoughts are disrupting your life.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Someone HELP ME! i'm going mad - April 21st 2010, 09:35 AM

Hey there,

It's great that you have managed to come to us and open up about how you're feeling and what's going on for you right now - that's very courageous, so well done.

I don't think that you're going mad and I think that a lot of people would say that they have done the same thing as you at some point. It is not unusual to role-play situations in your head, especially if you're nervous or uncertain about the memories.
I think that one of the main concerns here is that you describe that you're isolating yourself and that you're having trouble with this taking over your life, it seems as though it's really affecting you. To tackle this problem, maybe it would be a good idea to talk to someone you can trust about your thoughts and what's going on in your head. It could help to release some of these thoughts - isolating yourself and not talking to others will only worsen this.
I think that it's good that you've identified that this began when you moved - maybe that could've triggered something off. Again, talking this through with someone could help.

Take care of yourself.

Closed Thread