TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BlueArtS Offline
Not a n00b

i think im crazy... - April 25th 2010, 01:39 AM

ok lots of stuff.....

1. im really over scared of somethings more then most ppl.....things that ppl arent that scared of like loud noises....but im really scared...like to where ill hurt myself or do something stupid over it...like just run out in the streets to get away

2. i just got really sad and mad much more easy then most ppl....

3. i just feel like i need to do things sometimes i dont even know why sometimes...sometimes just no reason i just feel like i need to...like just jump up all of a sudden...or bite my hand...its not tics...but its just like i feel like weird and like only if i do something like that itll stop the weird feeling

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: i think im crazy... - April 25th 2010, 02:59 PM

Hey there! You are not crazy. I'm no professional, but it sounds like you have some sort of emotional disorder. I would advise you to talk to your doctor about this; he or she may be able to refer you to a psychiatrist.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: i think im crazy... - April 26th 2010, 01:57 PM

I dont think you are crazy........to you it may seem like abnormal behaviours, but from the perspective of someone who reads this thread, like me, thinks that your behaviours are in the normal range.

Just because you describe 3 situations, doesnt automatically mean you have a medical disorder.

BUT........Im not a proffesional however, so if you think that something is wrong, the best bet is to go see a doctor.

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
jadewilson Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jade

Re: i think im crazy... - April 26th 2010, 02:21 PM

i hope u are ok? and that u get better soon i been feeling a bit like weird lately but it dosent matter its just i know thingsdare gna be like this i reli hope u get sorted and keep taking medsand doctors seeing them

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: i think im crazy... - April 26th 2010, 10:24 PM

I don't think you're crazy and I'm unsure if you have a mental illness simply due to the lack of information. The 3 situations you described can simply be a result of you being over-sensitive than most people or having a mental illness. Having a mental illness though does not mean you're crazy.

An old adage goes along the lines of those who say they're crazy aren't crazy.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BlueArtS Offline
Not a n00b

Re: i think im crazy... - April 27th 2010, 03:23 AM

no its not just that....but the being scared of stuff things really bad like i hurt myself when im scared sometimes case it hurts alot....i dont no how to say this really. its hard to get it out...write it..itd be better to just talk to someone but theres no one to talk to...and i cant talk....

any i dont no how much/what i need to write out here. so i just put some things....the 3 things i put at the top...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: i think im crazy... - April 27th 2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueArtS View Post
no its not just that....but the being scared of stuff things really bad like i hurt myself when im scared sometimes case it hurts alot....i dont no how to say this really. its hard to get it out...write it..itd be better to just talk to someone but theres no one to talk to...and i cant talk....

any i dont no how much/what i need to write out here. so i just put some things....the 3 things i put at the top...
The fact that you sometimes harm yourself when you are scared is what really leads me to believe that something is not right here. You say it would be easier to talk to someone about your problems than write them down. Honestly, I think you would find going to therapy very beneficial. It might be worth looking into.

Take care!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
BlueArtS Offline
Not a n00b

Re: i think im crazy... - April 28th 2010, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
The fact that you sometimes harm yourself when you are scared is what really leads me to believe that something is not right here. You say it would be easier to talk to someone about your problems than write them down. Honestly, I think you would find going to therapy very beneficial. It might be worth looking into.

Take care!
i cant talk to someone...no one knows whats wrong case i cant say it case i dont know what its called. i mean like i can say most of it case i dont even know words for it....its just so weird...................and i feel crazy im scared i dont like this...i dont know what to do

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: i think im crazy... - April 28th 2010, 09:23 AM

Hey there,

I certainly do not think that you are crazy, but I do think that you may be struggling somewhat, and I'm sorry to hear that.
It seems as though you are quite sensitive to your emotions and you can recognise them changing a lot more severely and quickly than some other people.
I think that if these issues are really affecting you, which they do seem to be doing, then it may be a good idea to talk to a doctor or counsellor about what you're going through. You do not deserve to have to hurt yourself to calm yourself down.
I realise that it can be very difficult to talk to someone about how you feel, but it can be very worthwhile. Talking to a doctor is confidential and they will try their best to understand you. You deserve help with this.

Take care of yourself.

Closed Thread