TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
asldjfas123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Anger? - May 18th 2010, 03:07 AM

So I think I have problems with anger. I've taken my anger out on myself by self harm, and others by hurting them physically. I've had some thoughts of suicide but, I'd most likely never have the guts to do it. I do odd things when I'm mad, like I start pulling out my hair by the fistfulls, literally. I have a punching bag, kinda helps. My mother fails to recognize my worry because she's dealing with emotional problems as well. I don't want to talk to her about it, because she's mostly the one who's causing all of this stress and anger. She also just blames it on me. I try to talk to her calmly but we end up yelling at eachother and I usually cry at least 3 times a day due to that. I have no one to turn to. Not even the people at this site because my mother feels like she needs to control everything and doesn't let me get on the computer. I don't want to talk to a therapist about it because last time I did, they didn't care what I had to say and took my mother's side no matter what. So I guess my main problem is my mother. Who should I turn to? How can I take out my anger without hurting myself or others? I've got four more years until I'm out of here for good, how can I stand my mother until then? Help

Last edited by asldjfas123; May 18th 2010 at 03:12 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Smile Re: Anger? - May 19th 2010, 07:04 PM

Hey,
I know what your going threw, i have times where can get that angry as well. What i would suggest is doing something when you feel angry that can calm you down. Running, or exercising or some sort would help, something i like to do would be reading a book. It can help me feel better because i feel like i am not actually here. Something else i would suggest would be to talk to any friends or an adult you trust. I think you need someone to listen. It could help a lot. I hope you have an awesome day and if you ever need anything, feel free to PM me.

Formerly jelli1224

Trusting is not a mistake, but it is important to realize that things change. ~ Kmn483<3Bliz

Please feel free to PM me. I love to help others, and can be an ear to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a face to scream at. <3

Help LINK Mentor - March 19th 2011 to April 16th 2011

Live Help Operator - February 18th 2012 to June 4th, 2012

Associate Live Help Operator - August 13th 2012 <3

Closed Thread