TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
InTheFlood Offline
Walking In The Sun...
I've been here a while

Name: Amelia

Body Image - May 28th 2010, 04:42 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So, I have an extremely negative view of myself.
I look at the mirror and I want to smash it. If I'm in the street and I see someone looking at me I assume they think what I do.
Shopping for clothes don't even go there.
Which limits what I can do with my friends..
Just wondered if anyone had any advice or if anyone ever felt the same as me?

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║▌║
ORIGINAL MCFLY FAN ®

"Another year over, and we're still together.
It's not always easy, but McFly's here forever
I know you believe me, when you look into my eyes
'Cause McFly never dies, because The Heart Never Lies!"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
JackOffJill Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Karyn

Re: Body Image - May 28th 2010, 06:38 PM

I feel the same as you. Ever since I was little (I vividly remember at age 4) I have had a very very negative view of my body and my image. I avoid shopping when I can. If I do have to go buy clothes, I wont go into a dressing room and even then its still such a difficult experience for me. I always get extremely depressed.
I wish that I had some advice for you, but since I am stuck in the type of situation I dont really have anything....im sorry.
  Send a message via AIM to JackOffJill  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Alexx Offline
Average Joe

Name: Alex

Re: Body Image - May 28th 2010, 07:31 PM

I feel the same way.. I'm sorry I have no advice.
I never used to feel this way, actually. I used to be quite happy with the way I look, even as a teenager, and kind of accepted it as in the end, there isn't anything you can do.

But over the last few years my image has just been a huge issue. I can't stand looking in the mirror.. if I'm doing my hair or whatever, I just sort of look, but don't see, if that makes sense. I don't ever go out shopping, and do all my shopping online. I've even started to avoid going out, I'm just so ashamed, I feel so ugly.

I'm sorry, I know this is no help at all. But I'm in a similar situation.
I know this is cliché but, if you ever want to talk, honestly just leave a pm or comment. I hope things improve ♥

(#4 (permalink)) Old
enjoydivision Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Body Image - May 29th 2010, 02:18 AM

I'm the same way, and unfortunately I can't really give you advice. =/ I hate the mall so much because it involves shopping, and I feel so fat and gross. I hate being around others in general because I feel like they're quietly judging me and observing my flaws and imperfections. I wish I could help. =(

(#5 (permalink)) Old
duckiedancer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Body Image - June 2nd 2010, 11:29 PM

I feel the exact same way. My advice is to try to think of the positive things about yourself. I know how hard that is, but think hard. For example: I hate how I have light blue eyes and wished for deep blue eyes, but I just have to tell myself that at least they are blue. You can also tell yourself of how beautiful you look and how unique you are. Just keep on telling yourself, because it takes a little while before you can think entirely positive. It also helps if you don't look in the mirror a lot and examining yourself, because then you are just going to cut yourself down. I hope this helps, good luck and I bet you are beautiful.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
musicslife Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kavitha

Re: Body Image - June 3rd 2010, 02:02 PM

Hey,

I have the same problem. I know all the comments have been the same. No advice but I'm in the same situation as you, so I thought I'd just write it here.

I've always been the tomboy kinda girl. Not exactly a tomboy but I've never really be cared about how I look but now I do. I'm 15 now and I guess that has something to do with it. I mean, I always despise how I look when I remember all my friends. But now it's a bit less. I like the way I look with jeans on and so I'm buying a lot of jeans these days and I'm trying to look my best. Then, I know that I tried and it's not my fault if anything goes wrong.

And I'm also always trying to be positive so just try that.

Kavitha

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Banksy Offline
The one and only
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: Body Image - June 3rd 2010, 02:12 PM

Hey, I HOPE YOURE HAVING A DANDY DAY

Me, i have serious problems with my self image too but theres a few things i do to make me feel BETTER

1) i know this makes you feel CRAZY but i talk to myself in the mirror and like pretend im flirting or that im complimenting myself xD that one really does work xD

2) I go shopping with my freinds thats awesome because they always say how great you look or anything like that and its REALLY FUN!!

3) Some times with slef image you give up looking after youreself. But you should make sure to groom youreself, do your hair. This actual helps more than you would think! You think you look bad so take an active way of making youreself look better. it really bulit my confidence. i tend to dress like cherly cole(even tho im a guy) spending alot of money on clothes, and this really makes you feel AWESOME!!.

4) i always try to do exericse and measure my wieght, because you can actively see an improvment of how you look and self confidence iwth it

Remember body image is a form of SELF CONFIDINCE. and how you think others percive you!! so theres alot you can do to change it. spending time with freinds is the best i think also just think POSITIVE. And that really helps.

REMEMBER WHEN YOU LOOK IN THAT MIRROR SMILE!!!!!

Hope i helped xxx

Last edited by Banksy; June 3rd 2010 at 02:19 PM.

Closed Thread