TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Aero Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I Feel like I'm cornered - June 3rd 2010, 02:29 AM

I must first say this, I am so afraid of talking about this...I hate burdening people with any of my personal problems. But to be completely honest I am so confused and scared at the moment of what is going to happen to my mental state if this continues... I am at a point in my life where I am torn between needing support and wanting support, and feel like I'm failing in both areas.

I'm not trying to sound whiny, but I need something to hold on to. My situation at home is not bad in a sense that it looks okay on the surface, but below it I am slowly starting to...I don't know the words the describe it other than slowly I'm cracking...

I'm typically a strong person, but I'm learning from actions of the closest person to me is starting to slip away from me. We don't communicate like we used to, and our daily interaction is just asking trivial question, fighting constantly, and where we are slowly sinking further into debt. He is always saying I don't understand what's going on, and that there is nothing I can do. When I try to understand he brushes it off, but then comes back and begs me not to be mad...I don't know how much longer I can hold up... I really need some help, and I don't know who turn too...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
(The Freak Child)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Raven

Re: I Feel like I'm cornered - June 3rd 2010, 10:48 PM

Thank god you looked for help before it went too far.

I've been in this situation before. I understand that you don't like burdening others with your problems, but you need to find a friend and just tell them everything that you feel, that you think, everything that's ever upset you. Make sure it's someone who can listen and make suggestions. Get close to whoever it is so you know they'll always be there. The best cure for this situation is the support of others, but you won't get that support if you don't ask for it.

♥I'm the Motherfucking Fox♥
  Send a message via AIM to XxcuriouserandcuriouserxX  
Closed Thread