TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
smiles_and_such Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy non-existent self-esteem - June 4th 2010, 02:37 PM

My self-esteem has crumbled, as to why, I do not know. I feel purely disgusting. I feel as though nobody could ever love me because I look that bad. I don't think I deserve much because I am not that good of a person. I am quiet, shy, and introverted.

I hate the way I look. I feel as though I look like a hippo and a troll. Every time I meet someone knew I think they are talking about me.

I'm turning 17 this year, and I still have not had a boyfriend-pathetic. I feel like I am not worthy and nobody would ever like me. They all like my friends, and never me. I can't help but take it personally. Even when I do start talking to a boy, they randomly stop because they find a prettier girl to talk to.

I feel like I am in a constant competition for attention and I always end up losing. I hate myself and I feel bad for anyone who knows me.

My self esteem is so poor that I don't know what to do anymore. Any advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: non-existent self-esteem - June 4th 2010, 03:13 PM

Hey, dont worry about it, your not ugly. Im in the exact same place right now, except I dont have any friends for support. In fact, based on your description of how you feel, we're in the EXACT same situation. Dont worry about it though. Just find somebody you can talk to, and let them help.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Banksy Offline
The one and only
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: non-existent self-esteem - June 4th 2010, 05:31 PM

Hey, IM SORRY YOU FEEL THIS WAY and it must be really hard for you

But, i have experinced this myself and will give you some serious adivice that worked for me the thing with self image and confince is that its like a hole, once it drops it can keep droping SO YOU NEED TO STOP

Remember youre not alone alot of people think like this. and YOU DONT NEED A BOY FREIND(boys smell [eww]) youll meet the right person one day AND HUNNI YOURE NOT A TROLL YOURE REALLY PRETTY :O

1) Remember youre not always going to feel like this!! think postive
2) make sure you look after yourself, dress, do your hair and make up, this really helps you come out of your shell and be confident on how you look and feel .
3) surround yourself with friends, do things. SHOPPING IS GOOD, because freinds will tell you, you look good and compliment you it really helps
4) DO SOMTHING YOU ENJOY, this really helps. i love to sing and it really boosts my confidence
5)id see a doctor i know this is a morbid point, But you may be suffering from depression, or somthing of the sort and theres alot tat can help with that.
6) SMILE! look in the mirror and think IM CONFIDENT, even talk to youreself (i do that, i actualy flirt with myself and tell jokes :O)
7) Go to social clubs, meet NEW PEOPLE. this is a hard point if youre not out going of have low self confindnce BUT YOULL MAKE NEW FREINDS and theres not better CURE for low self esteem THAN NEW FREINDS!!!

I really hope i helped YOU CAN PM ME ANYTIME!!!
HAVE A REALLY GREAT DAY!
Sophie(your 1st new freind )
xx

I DON'T LIKE CHEESE..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: non-existent self-esteem - June 4th 2010, 06:01 PM

timeout, shouldnt all those faces be counted as spam? He/She (sorry) is right though, you dont need a boyfriend as much as you think.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Banksy Offline
The one and only
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: non-existent self-esteem - June 4th 2010, 06:06 PM

i wrote that over about 20 mins xD theyre faces i use naturaly and if it makes sense then 'spam' shouldnt matter

I DON'T LIKE CHEESE..

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Twinge Offline
Forever we'll just lay here
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Vint Fall

Re: non-existent self-esteem - June 4th 2010, 11:54 PM

well terry,i should be worse than you. i mean,i have no fake or real friends.at all.either if im unnoticeable,or they throw stuff at me.
im not here to complain though,just to let you know.you really look nice,youre smart and funny.you mean a lot to the people bringing us happiness,esp. a newbie like me.

I'll cut the small talk.beauty is whats inside.i saw that im really not a dork,i saw what you have to see in yourself.see that gossips around you dont matter(btw i see around and think theyre gossiping about me too.its annoying.but you never know what theyre talking about)
the perfect guy will catch you when you least expect it.none guys want negative girls though.they would rather pick a fat girl that knows how to smile.
and will leave a guy without his breath or attract attention.its just simple.
the people that pick by looks are stupid to see what the reality is.and petty girls can be mean.

you can practice in front of the mirror.look at yourself and smile for 5 minutes.it helped me.again you are really pretty and worthy.and dreaming helps you reach positivity. self of steem requires risking.when you talk to a guy,look straight in his eyes,or a girl,doesnt matter.talk like you can talk about anything.just open yourself and drop the stone from your heart.

p.s. you can talk to your mom about it,or a trusted adult.this helps too. adults know how to handle words when giving advice.and they give hope.i know mine did.
wish you the best of luck. love ya,the friendly way ofcourse.

more beautiful than a flower.

I moved back while
my head was turned.

Upside down
closer to the end.

Afraid of the dark
within future times.

I'm drowning there,
my final chase.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
PianoGirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sandra

Re: non-existent self-esteem - June 8th 2010, 12:10 AM

I think it might help you if you found something that you really enjoy doing or feel that you're really good at. Do that thing (or few things) as much as you can. It definitely makes you feel better when you're doing something that you enjoy or that you're good at.

I can't stress enough that you should really try hard to remain positive. The power of your mind has an amazing affect on how you see yourself. You sometimes really have to force yourself to remain positive. It's hard, also. There are always going to be people around you trying to bring you down with their negative energy. Don't let it happen.

Additionally, and I'm sure you've heard it, but exercise--even a couple of times a week--can help your state-of-mind. Exercising releases "feel-good" hormones (endorphins) in your brain that make you feel good. I sometimes just go for a good bike ride, sometimes I just dance inside...whatever you find that you enjoy. Just moving around will make you feel better.

Stay positive!
  Send a message via AIM to PianoGirl  
Closed Thread