TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
suzzylovesbobby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: m

Ugliest Girl Alive - June 27th 2010, 04:36 PM

I have come to the conclusion that I'm the ugliest girl in the world. I can't even leave my house without crying and wanting to hurt myself. I hate everything about myself. Please help me! I can't live like this

(#2 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 27th 2010, 04:45 PM

Hiya

Nobody is ugly, so to call yourself ugly would be completely wrong. You have self esteem issues. I think it would be great to see a doctor, because its not fair, that your not living your life. Your 16, you deserve to be happy.

If you saw a doctor they could refer you to a therapist whom will help you get your confidence back.

Remember, you will feel better about yourself, it will take time, but you will get there in the end

Take Care

Jaymi
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
suzzylovesbobby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 27th 2010, 04:59 PM

I've been seeing a therapist for 2 years now and I'm on the highest dose of anti-depressants that they can legally give me and I still feel so disgusting and ugly!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 27th 2010, 05:03 PM

Its not just medication you need though, its all about the right kind of therapy. Have you tried CBT?

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
luckyblue_e Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Emily

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 27th 2010, 05:08 PM

Hi. (:

What is it that makes you feel you're ugly? I agree that no one in this world is ugly; everyone is beautiful, even if you can't always see it yourself.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
suzzylovesbobby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 27th 2010, 05:24 PM

Whats CBT?

I'm fat and my hair is gross and my nose is big and my skin in bad and my teeth are crooked and my spine is crooked and im just nasty!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
luckyblue_e Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 27th 2010, 06:43 PM

Some of the things you mentioned can be really easy to improve. Just washing daily can improve your skin, along with different creams, and things like that. And if you feel like your teeth are crooked, maybe you can visit your dentist, and see what they think? Maybe you could get some braces. You could even get clear ones.

You don't sound nasty at all. I think you just need some help feeling confident about yourself if all. (:

(#8 (permalink)) Old
thewickedcity Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rachel

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 28th 2010, 10:11 AM

Have you talked to your therapist about the possibility of you having Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)? I'm not a doctor but the feelings you're describing fit into the symptoms of BDD. I think you need to tell your therapist how you're feeling and bring up the possibility of BDD if you feel comfortable. Here's a link to information about BDD - http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bod...sorder/DS00559
  Send a message via AIM to thewickedcity Send a message via Yahoo to thewickedcity  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
suzzylovesbobby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 28th 2010, 04:28 PM

Yeah I think I will talk to him about it! Thanks for the support guys

(#10 (permalink)) Old
FreedbyHim Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 28th 2010, 09:24 PM

Hi Mallory,

I used to have issues with my hair, and my skin being clear. My hair used to always be greasy no matter how many times I washed it, if that is what you are referring to then try different shampoos. I found clarifying shampoos really helped remove all the build up.

For skin, you are 16, you are bound to have pimples because of your age; some people are incredibly lucky and never have issues, but for the average teen they are going to have anything from the occasional pimple to full blown acne. If it's just pimples then a good oil free face wash is good, if you feel it is more than that then speaking to your doctor is a good plan, they could possibly give you some acne medication.

Your self-esteem won't be fixed by anti-depressants alone, you need to be able to speak to your therapist and work on some strategies to help build your self-esteem and confidence level.

And when you are feeling ugly try listening to this song if you can find it. Here are the lyrics: http://www.6lyrics.com/more_beautifu...onny_diaz.aspx You can also search for the video on youtube. Great song about feeling beautiful.

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love." Washington Irving

HelpLINKMentor since June 24, 2010
Live Help Operator since July 6, 2010

(#11 (permalink)) Old
suzzylovesbobby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 28th 2010, 10:09 PM

I wish it was pimples haha I actually have perfectly clear skin but I have crows feet and smile lines. I need botox badly!

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 28th 2010, 10:13 PM

As for your skin and teeth as said before wash very well and you can look into getting braces for your teeth if you need them. Payment plans can often be arranged to help with the cost.

As for general confidence, try to set small goals each day or few days. Whenever you reach these goals you can reward yourself by whatever works as a good reward for you or sometimes just knowing you reached the goal can help.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
suzzylovesbobby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 29th 2010, 04:54 PM

heres a pic of me so you guys can honestly see how bad I look

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...2.jpg&newest=1

(#14 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 29th 2010, 08:12 PM

God, I'd give a million quid to look like that! If you're that worried over how you look, I'd suggest CBT like others have mentioned. To be honest, you're stunningly pretty and shouldn't have anything to worry about - it sounds like you have really low self esteem and need to get yourself some confidence.

I always shop when I'm feeling low - new shoes, new make up, new dresses....

(#15 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 29th 2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallorymuffin View Post
heres a pic of me so you guys can honestly see how bad I look

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...2.jpg&newest=1
Seriously?

You look absolutely amazing. If I didn't think that, I would skip by the thread and say nothing, I'm only going to be honest, you look really great. It sounds more like a self-esteem issue more than anything. Has there been anyone in your life putting you down a lot lately? Perhaps try doing some things to help your self confidence, go shopping, talk to friends. Take no notice of negative opinions and appreciate the positive ones. Be proud of who you are.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
luckyblue_e Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 30th 2010, 12:39 AM

When I saw your picture, my first thought was "Wait--isn't she a model?" Because I could have sworn I've seen you in magazines. You are VERY beautiful!

And, smile lines aren't always a bad thing. They mean you've just smiled a lot, and smiling is always good for you.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
suzzylovesbobby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 30th 2010, 02:15 AM

wow really? thanks

(#18 (permalink)) Old
FreedbyHim Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 30th 2010, 02:50 AM

Mallory,

You are absolutely gorgeous! You have nothing to fear. Crows feet and smile lines, that means you must smile a lot! After seeing your picture I think I would say you have self-esteem issues or Body Dysmorphic Disorder BDD Symptoms. Check that out and see what you think. Try talking to your therapist about this, she/he may agree or not, but they would be able to help with that.

Keep smiling, you are beautiful!

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love." Washington Irving

(#19 (permalink)) Old
suzzylovesbobby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 30th 2010, 10:32 PM

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...9.jpg&newest=1

me without makeup on

(#20 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 30th 2010, 11:23 PM

I highly doubt you're ugly. You're probably really pretty. You just have a low self-esteem and you potray yourself as ugly and come to believe you are ugly because you have convinced yourself of it when you are really not.
Try building yourself up and finding positive things about yourself to be proud of.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
FreedbyHim Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - June 30th 2010, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Mallory,

I flipped through all the pictures. You are beautiful with and withOUT makeup, you have natural beauty.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
suzzylovesbobby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - July 1st 2010, 01:31 AM

Then you saw the picture with me and the guy? He was the man who rapped me 6 months ago

(#23 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - July 3rd 2010, 10:38 PM

I once used to think the same way. You should tell your therapist about your porblems and the BDD thought given by one of the other posters might be right. But i've always have had self-esteem issues. First thing I did was learn to love myself. I just couldn't see my self as pretty every one else did. I used to even get made fun of because of it. My husband was the one that brought it to me. I might not be super model pretty, (which is truely fine with me), but the thing is beauty will fade away in due time anyway. But that's beyond the point you need to feel better with yourself.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Twinge Offline
Forever we'll just lay here
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Vint Fall

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - July 3rd 2010, 10:52 PM

you are beautiful,i saw your picture. wow i can't believe this...
i expected something else but i saw that you are very very very pretty even without make-up.

remember that.

beauty is whats inside.

Khalil Gibran, (1883 - 1931)
Beauty is not in the face;
beauty is a light in the heart.

I moved back while
my head was turned.

Upside down
closer to the end.

Afraid of the dark
within future times.

I'm drowning there,
my final chase.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - July 4th 2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
I have come to the conclusion that I'm the ugliest girl in the world. I can't even leave my house without crying and wanting to hurt myself. I hate everything about myself. Please help me! I can't live like this

no one can be the ugliest in the world trust me. Ur young and in puberty.. your body is changing ur gunna get only prettier

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - July 4th 2010, 05:20 AM

I used to be just like you, like exactly... and dont worry about your laugh lines and your crows feet... be proud of those lines, because it shows you know how to smile and have fun... They are more beauitful than a flawless face any day... atleast thats what my boyfriend says. You are so georgous, I had BBD bad... i got an eating disorder cuz i thaught i was fat... and now i look at pics of my "fat" pictures and I laugh... cuz i never was... this is the same... get out there and live your life girl, with every day you doubt yourself the opportunities to be happy are slipping away. You are so pretty... you just gotta believe it.

Also I have scoleosis... my spine is slightly bent... and my teeth arent prefectly straight eventhough i had braces... someone actually complimented me on my non-straight teeth once... "I love how your teeth arent perfectly straight...it makes them more perfect" lol... I have acne still and im 19 years old... i've had acne since i was ten lol... currently i have SI joint disfunction where my hip bones dont line up... i have stretch marks from my eating disorder... and cellulite lol... and I love myself for it... your percieved flaws are really what make you special you see... I think your nose is so cute... mine is swoopie when i turn to the side lol... my friends always liked to call it a ski slope...you see the people that love you will love you more for your flaws, probably more than for your perfections lol...

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥

Last edited by darkinnocenteyes; July 4th 2010 at 05:30 AM.
  Send a message via AIM to darkinnocenteyes Send a message via Skype™ to darkinnocenteyes 
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - July 4th 2010, 05:55 AM

Just have to say, you are GORGEOUS in every way. Try to think about the things you love about yourself, rather than stupid little details that no one else can see.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - July 4th 2010, 01:38 PM

You are extremely gorgeous! (:
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
suzzylovesbobby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - July 4th 2010, 08:34 PM

Thank you so much everyone

(#30 (permalink)) Old
lanegwyn Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Ugliest Girl Alive - July 11th 2010, 01:17 AM

I wouldn't write this unless it were true- I'd just read through the thread and then move on- but I'm stunned by how pretty you are, especially compared with your self-image. You. are. gorgeous. Best of luck with sorting through the self-esteem issue. As others mentioned, therapy can be really helpful for some people (though not everyone).

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread