TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ShellySparkle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation I need help? - July 2nd 2010, 09:17 PM

Hey everyone
My name's Shelly and I'm brand new to these forums!
I mainly joined to vent about my 'problems' and ask you guys for your opinion on whether I should seek professional help or not
I'll start from the beginning:

My ex-boyfriend and I were together for quite a long time, we were best friends before becoming an official couple and were extremely happy together. Or so I thought. One night, right before I was getting into bed, he texted me and told me that we needed to talk..five minutes later, he sent a text that said "I think we're better off as friends." I was devastated and depressed, and still possibly could be. My grandmother, who I was very close with, passed away a week later. He knew about her death and didn't say anything to me. Nothing at all. This was all the way back in December and I am honestly still broken from this. Recently, he's tried to apologize to me for everything that he had did and he gets so upset that I can't forgive him right off the bat. He doesn't understand that I need time.

His reasoning for breaking up with me? His ex girlfriend had texted him, the same day he broke up with me, telling him that she was still 'in love' with him. I just recently found this out. He believed her over me. And it hurts so bad to know that everything he ever said to me was a lie. Needless to say, I was in love with him, he was my first love, my everything. And now I have no idea what to do. This was almost 7 months ago and I still have no idea what to do with myself. Do you think I need help? Clearly, something is wrong with me, I just don't know what. I just want to be happy again.

<3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
thewickedcity Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rachel

Re: I need help? - July 3rd 2010, 03:09 AM

You don't have to have a mental illness to benefit from seeing a therapist.. therapists can help you work through a specific issue like the one you're experiencing. Since the break-up seems to be really affecting your life (for a pretty significant amount of time) I think you'd benefit from talking to someone about it.

Also, I'm really sorry this happened to you. I know breakups are hard.. they really suck when you're the one being broken up with. I know this probably doesn't sound helpful but time will help to heal and it will get better. Good luck:]
  Send a message via AIM to thewickedcity Send a message via Yahoo to thewickedcity  
Closed Thread