TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RollingThunder Offline
Your local freaky little thing
Average Joe

Name: Ryan

Self-Esteem..pretty generic - July 6th 2010, 05:44 AM

Yup..nothing really cool in this thread. It's me, hi there.

Just me sitting here on my couch thinking. Usually ends bad. Kinda gotta cut that out.

In any case..just feeling the burn of my low self-esteem.

Every damn day i see other guys. i'm nothing attractive..i'm really ugly in fact..even if not..just average. so many cuter guys out there. and beyond that..so many nicer guys..so many sweeter guys..talented guys. so many guys who could give my girlfriend shelby what she deserves. i pour my heart and soul into her but it's not enough..i'm not enough. I'm just average..an average boy for an extraordinary girl..i'm pathetic. why would a girl like shelby pick an average joe like me? It dosen't add up. there are so many better guys for her. guys she will meet one day. i'm just stupid..i'm average..not worthy to be a fucking placeholder in a relationship let alone a boyfriend to a girl like her. I'm just worthless as a boyfriend. she deserves better...so much fucking better.

And beyond that..i don't have any real talents. I'm pretty much worthless..fun times. My friends..my girlfriend..they all deserve way better than me. soon they will see it..and they will let me go. better for em too.

K..i'm off to stare at something..cuz i got nothing else to do. Later all.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Re: Self-Esteem..pretty generic - July 6th 2010, 06:32 AM

BULLSHIT! NOT TRUE! I don't believe you I'm sure you have some great qaulities, we sometimes just need to see through other people's eyes to see them. i was the same way DONT let insecurities eat you alive and ruin a great relationship, i did that and i regreted it. she's with YOU right? and not some other guy RIGHT? when she very well could be RIGHT?! so stop questioning and be greatful there is obviously a reason she loves you and not somebody else doesnt that mean enough right there?

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: Self-Esteem..pretty generic - July 6th 2010, 06:34 AM

and also it doesnt matter if it adds up to you it adds up to her (your lover) thats all that matters right? yes "right jamie" lol :P cheer up bud dont be so hard on yourself

It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
JackOffJill Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Karyn

Re: Self-Esteem..pretty generic - July 6th 2010, 09:26 AM

I can relate to all those thoughts- thinking that you partner deserves someone so much better, questioning why they would be with you. I do that all the time with my boyfriend. But heres the truth, your girlfriend wouldnt be with you if she didnt want to be. Obviously she sees something in you that you are unable to see. She isnt just with you to make you feel bad about yourself and to make you question things. Sometimes two people are together even if they arent on the same "level" and people will question it- but thats love. Love brings people together in weird ways. Love makes you say was the "average joe"- which I am sure you are far from being and even if you werent, lots of girls would love to be with an average guy. Its hard to give yourself credit for stuff sometimes but you are being hard on yourself. Clearly you put a lot into your relationship- and believe me, thats actually hard to find in a guy. You are so much more than you give yourself credit for- believe me. Maybe you should see a therapist about your low self-esteem because that does effect relationships (I know from experience).

"Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself and become a new person." -Gerard Way
  Send a message via AIM to JackOffJill  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
RollingThunder Offline
Average Joe

Re: Self-Esteem..pretty generic - July 6th 2010, 09:37 AM

You all know that friend. That one friend who can just..say the right thing..I love that friend. Liz..you're the bomb..

"just know
that out of every guy she could have picked, she picked you
Out of the gazillion people in the world
all she wants is you
You're the one she thinks about before she sleeps
You're the one she falls asleep with at night
you're the one she texts night and day
You make her smile, laugh, glow
And you're the only guy she wants to do that"

Yeah..I may be average..yeah I may be just ok looking..yeah I may not be the smartest. But there is one thing the smartest, cutest, and most high up guys don't have: my love, Shelby. For all they have and own..I managed to get her. If that's not a boost of confidence hell knows WHAT is. Who knows what the future holds..right now I need to be the best boyfriend for her that I possably can be. I need to give her the guy she deserves! I need to love her..which starts at loving myself. I may not have high self-esteem..but I have her..I have Shelby. She's worth loving myself..it's what she would want out of me.

Thanks to you two for the help..you really gave me the boost I needed. <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
JackOffJill Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Self-Esteem..pretty generic - July 6th 2010, 09:45 AM

Im so glad that you have a friend who can boost you up when you need it and who knows just the right things to say- thats awesome. Im so glad that you see that out of all the guys your girl could be with, that she picked YOU because she loves YOU and wants YOU for who you are. You are someone special. Remember- to the world you are just one person, but to one person you are the world. Clearly Shelby sees the world of you even if you are unable to see it all the time. Im glad though that you are boosted up now because you seems like a great, wonderful, caring guy and boyfriend- and any girl would be lucky to have a boyfriend who wants and tries to be the best boyfriend he can be. Just remember that you are special and loved.

"Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself and become a new person." -Gerard Way
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
RollingThunder Offline
Average Joe

Re: Self-Esteem..pretty generic - July 6th 2010, 09:48 AM

I mean this in a total non-romantic way..but I love you. Seriously..it's people like you that just..help. A lot. You put the "help" in "teenhelp". Without people like you..it would just be "teen". Not much of a site..is it?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
JackOffJill Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Self-Esteem..pretty generic - July 6th 2010, 09:56 AM

Um I love you too, you just totally made my day Im not even going to lie. Seriously its reasons like that, like what you said, that make me reach out to do what I can to help. Its because of things like what you said that drive me towards my dream of being a social worker. So thank you so much for what you said.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
RollingThunder Offline
Average Joe

Re: Self-Esteem..pretty generic - July 6th 2010, 10:06 AM

Sorry if I creeped you out..I really didn't mean to! You just really helped is all.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
JackOffJill Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Self-Esteem..pretty generic - July 6th 2010, 10:23 AM

haha No you didnt creep me out at all! Im glad I was able to help!!!!

(#11 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: Self-Esteem..pretty generic - July 7th 2010, 08:23 PM

yeah thats the way to be thinking im glad you can see in yourself what shelby sees: the world, one the other note just be yourself dont change and try to be like everyone else who seems to be the perfect boyfriend, your in the right mind set, your the perfect boyfriend for shelby in your own way glad we could help

Closed Thread