TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bumblebeebabe Offline
Not a n00b

I Hate Myself. - July 14th 2010, 03:49 PM

Okay I dont really hate myself but I doubt myself alot. Like a ton! I get so nervous people wont like me to the point where I dont try. Just emailing a friend or going in public makes me nervous. Im weird. I just like being alone but I am happy. And the weird thing is; people tell me Im gorgeous. And I guess, I am. So I'm not one of those super dorks who like fantasizes over .... movie stars or boys out of their league. Ive dated hott guys but the last one I dated broke my heart and I kinda just want a break to be alone right now. Ill be a senior in high school this year and I just kinda want college. So am like whatever. One year and the fun begins. people in my town are immature and just smoke, drink, have sex. Im not like that. I like to be goofy not like sexy. So I just chill by myself alot. Again, am i weird? Is something wrong with me?> I could try but I dont want it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Squid

Re: I Hate Myself. - July 14th 2010, 04:24 PM

I am exactly like that

Sorry I didn't help, just wanted to say you're not alone

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Squid

Re: I Hate Myself. - July 14th 2010, 04:24 PM

Without the dating and less of the happiness

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: I Hate Myself. - July 14th 2010, 05:33 PM

You're not weird. Well you are, but in a good way. Then again, alot of us are. I'm the same way, and was the same way in high school, as far as not wanting to be one of those people who drinks, does drugs, and has sex. Fortunately, I had a couple friends who would have fun with simple hangouts, acting silly, drinking energy drinks, and walking around town at night. But, things changed. And when I was in college, my best friend was a fellow who was like, 6 years older than me, with a wife and daughter, and a son on the way. He didn't care to drink, nor did I, so when we hung out, we'd either be studying, playing video games, telling lame jokes, or singing silly songs. So yes, there are a few people who don't follow the curve, and they're weird. In a good way.

And you'll realize as life goes on, you'll meet more and more people, whether accidentally or intentionally, and some of those people make take pleasure in the simpler, sillier things in life.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: I Hate Myself. - July 14th 2010, 06:00 PM

Sounds like you're perfectly fine. Not everyone wants to be super-social and hang out with people who drink and smoke and talk about sex all day. It might just be that there aren't any people with a similar personality to yours in your area. That should definitely change when you start college. Sometimes everyone feels like they could do with a break from it all. There's nothing wrong with that, and don't feel like you should change who you are for anyone, be proud of who you are. Everyone is different.

You could "try", but if it wouldn't make you happy, what's the point? After all it's your life and you should live it the way you want. Relax and go with what you'd be happiest with.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: I Hate Myself. - July 15th 2010, 10:19 AM

You mentioned how your ex-boyfriend dumped you and you were very affected by that, to a point where you want to be alone. That's understandable. Are the feelings of doubt and feelings of social awkwardness before or after this break-up? Also, how long ago was the break-up?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
rosesRblue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dani

Re: I Hate Myself. - July 15th 2010, 06:36 PM

Wow, I think I've found my twin! Even though I'm only 16, I'm at a point where I'm completely over high school. My head is already in college life because high school guys and classmates in general, can be so immature and it's just not something you feel like dealing with. You already have an adult outlook on life which is great! You're ahead of the game. As for the getting nervous when you're out in public or chatting with a friend, I feel the exact same way sometimes. I think that my problem is is that I care way too much what people think. I wish I didn't. But then again, you shouldn't care either. You are perfectly normal.

“No other acoustic instrument can match the piano's expressive range, and no electric instrument can match its mystery.”

Kenneth Miller quotes

(#8 (permalink)) Old
bumblebeebabe Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I Hate Myself. - July 15th 2010, 10:53 PM

i love you guys! thanks everyone for the nice replies!!!!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
kristy85 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I Hate Myself. - July 17th 2010, 04:43 AM

I just wished to tell you the same thing as other friends said..
You are perfectly fine, but never feel weird when you mingle with friends or others.. and don't bother what others are thinking about you or what they
feel about you..

Closed Thread