TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Unhappy Nightmares with reoccuring themes?! - July 24th 2010, 04:12 AM

Okay, so for 3 nights in a row, I've had dreams where I've been taken away from home for some reason or another. The first was I was getting abused by my dad and my mom just kept drinking, so I called 911, and they took me away from home. The second was my mom hit me(only once and IDK where my dad was) and social workers took me away from home. The third was I got caught at school purging, and they assumed it was because of something happening at home and I got taken away.

I really want to know what they mean, because it's freaking me out! I've never been abused(I've watched abuse happen to people around me, and I've only once been physically hit(kinda)) so IDK why I had two abuse dreams. WTF is up with this?! I'm scared!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: Nightmares with reoccuring themes?! - July 24th 2010, 03:27 PM

Hey Megan,

I think we dream about things for a variety of reasons--maybe you've been thinking about the abuse you witnessed others experiencing. Or maybe you heard an article about abuse, or were thinking about it. For whatever reason, it's in the back of your mind, and dreaming about it is a way for your brain to process and let it all out. No need to be scared--dreams can seem overwhelming but they are actually a safe way for our brain to process things! If it gets to be too much, try journaling or blogging, and write about what's going on--sometimes if you let it out in another form, you won't necessarily dream about it. And you can definitely talk to someone, like a parent, if it gets too overwhelming!

<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
falling_x Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Vicx

Re: Nightmares with reoccuring themes?! - July 24th 2010, 09:29 PM

Nothing to be scared about.

Like Jen said already you could just be dreaming about this because you witness it around you with your friends and therefore it is on your mind before you go to sleep.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Having said that recurring dreams don't always have the same meanings behind them.

So much for that idea ...

Want a chat? Get in touch ...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kyeto-X Offline
Angel without a Halo
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Will

Re: Nightmares with reoccuring themes?! - July 25th 2010, 03:39 AM

IT could be any number of reasons why dreams have reoccuring themes. It is RARE but it does happen. Mostly it is because of something that has been bothering you. A dream just means there are issues that you have not had time to think over during the day. Maybe you are uncounisouslly (I can NEVER spell that) thinking about this stuff, reading too much into it. We can sometimes gleen too much from a bad experience and think, "What if that happenes to me?" Just reassure yourself about your reality and how safe you are before you go to sleep. and in the morning, simply dismiss your dreams for what they are, dreams.

"One of the things I regret the most of being able to imagine anything,
is having to fear nothing"

"Realty is a lot more malleable then most people think.
They just refuse to believe that they can do anything about it."

"If a simple electron has a small,
but nonzero chance of doing the impossible,
what is stopping us from doing the same thing?"

-Wise Sayings from a Raving Lunatic
Follow me and my new book on Facebook!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Kyeto-X 
Closed Thread