TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
liketheangel Offline
Average Joe

Name: Amy

completely crazy - September 25th 2010, 10:20 PM

not sure if this is where this goes.. but generally its effecting my mentsl health so much.

right well my uncle is my boss.. and no matter what i do he manipulates it orwhat i say... somehow eveyrhtintg in the world is my fault.

i really dont understand msot of the time

example.. today.. i came home and said "my friend told me the student grants come in october 3rd"
and he jsut goes fucking ballistic. .calling me stupid, asking where i find these idiots. saying "dont feed me that bullshit" i reallly really dont understand why hes so angry.. maybe its not right.. but i was jsut makin g idle chit chat i really dont know what to do or say

Floating, falling, sweet intoxication
Touch me, trust me, savour each sensation
let the dream begin let your darker side give in
to the power of the music that I write
The power of the music of the night

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: completely crazy - September 26th 2010, 08:53 AM

If he is like this for everything you do, either he hates you or he's not mentally well. I know sometimes people get angry when provoked but his reaction, if this is what it often is, seem to be full of anger and degrading to you. Is he like this with family and people outside family?

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
liketheangel Offline
Average Joe

Name: Amy

Re: completely crazy - September 26th 2010, 08:45 PM

alot of the time yes. he is under pressure recently but im jsut afraid to be around him.. im afraid il cough and hel jsut like shout at me.
its mad im not usually one to be a push over but i notice it with me and other people around him.. slyly but somehow he manipulates you to make you think your in the wrong. and deserve to be shouted at.

hes a nice guy i know hes nice deep down.. but i find it veyr hard to udnerstand him

Floating, falling, sweet intoxication
Touch me, trust me, savour each sensation
let the dream begin let your darker side give in
to the power of the music that I write
The power of the music of the night

(#4 (permalink)) Old
teen spirit Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cantina

Re: completely crazy - September 26th 2010, 08:52 PM

Taking a shot in the dark here...have you tried asking him what is wrong? Why is he always so angry at you? and that you care about him and want to get along with him...just to see what he says and if he flips out over just that...then I would guess that something is going on inside him that he cannot control...
The thing about mental illness is that it can come on just out of the blue and flucturate...until they recognize that something is going on...unfortunately, they don't know to go and seek help...
Sorry that you are going through this...try to remember that its not you...and to not take it personally...mental illness is definately a difficult thing to watch someone you care about go through...without taking a piece of you with it...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
JesusFreak Offline
Not a n00b

Re: completely crazy - September 26th 2010, 10:26 PM

Sounds like he should be on meds. my moms like that

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Opal Offline
Not a n00b

Re: completely crazy - September 29th 2010, 09:22 AM

When you say your uncle is your boss, do you mean you work with him as well or simply that he is in charge of the house you are living in?

Frankly, if I were you, I would leave. If you can't leave right away take one step every day towards leaving. Start with a plan, move on to research, then search around, secure a deal and then quietly move out your stuff while he's not looking. (Unless you have a lease.)

It's not your fault your uncle is the way he is and it's not your job to fix him. Most likely if he thinks it's okay to do that he was either raised by permissive parents, and therefore has no idea what is acceptable, or his parents were overbearing and he dealt with that by becoming rebellious and being a bully himself. A reasonable and well mannered person will not yell at you for no reason, or if they do it will only be occassionally and they will apologise afterwards. It does not matter if he is stressed. There is no excuse for abuse and he is obviously affecting you.

Closed Thread