TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Post What is this - September 29th 2010, 08:10 PM

Heyy
Right well for the last few weeks I've had this really like emotionally "heavy" feeling.
Like I feel really down for no reason cause nothing bad or sad has happened?
I dunno I can't really explain it properly it's just like always there even when good things are happening.
I dunno if it's like feeling left out cause all my friends are in relationships whereas I'm not or whatever.
One of my friends told me she thinks it might be depression but I dunno cause I'm not sad I'm just down, but like all the time
I've looked up depression online and the only symptoms I really have are tiredness and suicidal thoughts, but by that I don't mean I actually plan to commit suicide I just mean that I think about it a lot because it fascinates me not because I'm like planning anything, although something that does scare me is that I know I would be able to kill myself if I ever got to a point where I felt it was necessary, based on that fact that I sort of glamourise suicide and also that I self harm a lot.

But that's a different issue what I'm really hoping you guys can tell me is what this "heavy" feeling is and if I can like get rid of it somehow?

Sorry for the length of this I feel I've kind of rambled a bit but yeah any thoughts would be much appreciated xD

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: What is this - October 3rd 2010, 12:49 PM

Hey there,

I'm going to be up front with you at the beginning of this post here and tell you that I'm honestly not completely positive what you might be experiencing at this time. Before I go on, though, I just want to acknowledge that it has been a few days since you posted this thread (and I do regret that it hasn't been replied to thus far), and ask you how things have been going in the time since you've posted the thread?

It's definitely possible to get in "funks" (as I call them) over different things -- drastic changes in the weather, built stress from starting school or taking on new responsibilities, feeling left out from your friends (as you described!), or whatever else may be going on.

So, now our mission is to shake the feeling, right? Get out, get busy, and find something you love to do! Budget your time so you're staying busy without being completely overcommitted. This will also allow you to meet more people, which is always nice! I'm a big fan of fellowship. Otherwise, celebrate the small victories and take each day one step at a time. I hope to hear back from you!

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: What is this - October 3rd 2010, 04:10 PM

Yeah I'm hoping this is just some kind of temporary low mood but it won't go away.
It kind of affects most things that I do in that I feel down all the time, and tbh I haven't really found anything that I love to do, even things that I used to be really passionate about have kind of fallen to the side
Like I'm studying biology at university which has been my main interest since I was about eight but it's really not interesting me lately at all and I do not know why

So I dunno, but thanks for replying xD

Closed Thread