TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART

How to stop really bad panic attacks?????,?,?,,,,??? - October 4th 2010, 03:59 AM

Help any ideas????????
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Quartet Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Melanie

Re: How to stop really bad panic attacks?????,?,?,,,,??? - October 4th 2010, 05:56 AM

Here is one, I'm planning on getting it soon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/145...SIN=1453718281

Colours De Moi

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Alistare Offline
Hug Department- Always open
Not a n00b

Name: Tim

Re: How to stop really bad panic attacks?????,?,?,,,,??? - October 4th 2010, 06:15 AM

Panic Attacks are a little tricky to control. There are a lot of wonderful books on the subject like the one listed in the post above by Melanie. However it would be beneficial to note that panic attacks range in severity from person to person and can even be caused by Anxiety disorder. As an example my mom actually has to take medication to control her anxiety. If it's a serious problem (I.E they occur frequently) i would recommend seeing a doctor who can rule out whether you need medication or counseling to control your panic attacks.

The world is all gates, all opportunities, strings of tension waiting to be struck.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Need help? Just want to chat? Feel free to PM me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Quartet Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: How to stop really bad panic attacks?????,?,?,,,,??? - October 4th 2010, 06:24 AM

The book above is better imho because the author is teaching you methods that don't involve medication. I know that it can help sometimes, medication, but it takes a long time to get anxiety under control and by using the book or his CD course it's eliminating the need for any kind of pills. Its a more perminant solution.

I'm not saying that it works for everyone, but if you'd rather not use medication, it would probably be more benificial.

Colours De Moi

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Alistare Offline
Hug Department- Always open
Not a n00b

Name: Tim

Re: How to stop really bad panic attacks?????,?,?,,,,??? - October 4th 2010, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missomellow View Post
The book above is better imho because the author is teaching you methods that don't involve medication. I know that it can help sometimes, medication, but it takes a long time to get anxiety under control and by using the book or his CD course it's eliminating the need for any kind of pills. Its a more perminant solution.

I'm not saying that it works for everyone, but if you'd rather not use medication, it would probably be more benificial.
Very true. Looking back on my post it did seem like I was pushing medication. Panic attacks are very common and it's important to determine if you can control them in a natural setting.

The world is all gates, all opportunities, strings of tension waiting to be struck.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Need help? Just want to chat? Feel free to PM me.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop really bad panic attacks?????,?,?,,,,??? - October 4th 2010, 02:13 PM

But like physically
How can I?

They are really bad
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Quartet Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: How to stop really bad panic attacks?????,?,?,,,,??? - October 4th 2010, 02:43 PM

The book should go over the physical and mental techniques that can help you stop a panic attack.

But a small tip from me would be to try and relax yourself. Let yourself know that what you're feeling is false and that you are strong enough to over come what you are feeling.

It also depends on what type of panic attack you are having. Like the above stated, there are many different forms and so since you are aware it is a panic attack, try and break down what you are feeling during the panic attack.

It would be wise to sit down if you're experiencing one and to just try to breath easily. Try to focus on something else, sometimes I would put on T.V. or a movie because sometimes talking to another person wouldn't help me as much as I needed it to, so focusing on movement like a favorite movie would help me relax.

First thing you have to do though is identify what type of panic attack you are dealing with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_attack - If you go down to Diagnostic criteria you can mark off the symptoms you have during a panic attack.

Colours De Moi

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop really bad panic attacks?????,?,?,,,,??? - October 4th 2010, 03:12 PM

Well its a mental panic attack that also translates into phyical syptoms , i had one this morning again it just drained me an i felt sick an
weak but i tryed to breath an relax on what i needed to do for the day

it helped , ive had had panic attacks before but not as severe as this one is
and its just so hard im in dealing with panic attacks an the scared feeling durin them scares me to

but sighs ill see what i can do , an i cant allow me to relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by missomellow View Post
The book should go over the physical and mental techniques that can help you stop a panic attack.

But a small tip from me would be to try and relax yourself. Let yourself know that what you're feeling is false and that you are strong enough to over come what you are feeling.

It also depends on what type of panic attack you are having. Like the above stated, there are many different forms and so since you are aware it is a panic attack, try and break down what you are feeling during the panic attack.

It would be wise to sit down if you're experiencing one and to just try to breath easily. Try to focus on something else, sometimes I would put on T.V. or a movie because sometimes talking to another person wouldn't help me as much as I needed it to, so focusing on movement like a favorite movie would help me relax.

First thing you have to do though is identify what type of panic attack you are dealing with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_attack - If you go down to Diagnostic criteria you can mark off the symptoms you have during a panic attack.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How to stop really bad panic attacks?????,?,?,,,,??? - October 12th 2010, 05:40 AM

Close please
Closed Thread