TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: ..........

sounds and noises ? - October 15th 2010, 06:43 PM

im not sure if this is the right place or not but here goes...

last night my playlist got accidently deleted from media player and i tried to sleep without anything playing in the background.. i noticed i couldnt sleep at all and well this is strange for me i actually felt frightened cause it was quiet. i have slept with music playing for probally 4years now and first time i ever attempted to sleep without any kind of music in those 4 years. has anyone ever heard of something like this ? i thought about it and i cant operate at all or sleep without noise of some kind and when its quiet i feel scared and like somethings on my chest pressing on it so i cant breath...

Last edited by The ANTI-Troll; October 15th 2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: accidently pressed enter >.>

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: sounds and noises ? - October 15th 2010, 09:05 PM

Hey,

I know this feeling, sort of. I struggle to sleep without music, and well, when I don't have music, sometimes I have Hypnogogoic Hallucinations, which is quite horrible.

Ever consider internet radio? I listen to Ambient music (since lyrics can aggravate the hallucinations on a bad night), and it calms me quite well.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: sounds and noises ? - October 16th 2010, 04:04 AM

internet radio really doesnt help theres only certain genre annd the topic of the song i can sleep to ... internet radio like pandora dddoesnt really offer me the fine tuned selection i need

im actually in the process of rebuilding my playlist.... im not used to feeling terrified i still dont know why the quietness effected me..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: sounds and noises ? - October 16th 2010, 07:07 AM

With your music on, you don't hear the other sounds you're hearing now, so these sounds would seem foreign and new, which makes them frightening. It's like if someone sleeps with their light on in a big room but they now have to sleep in a dark room that's very small. That new setting is foreign to them and since it's foreign and they become frightened, people now begin paying attention to things they would ignore even if they had music. These are things like the house creaking. Normally, you'd ignore it but when you're in a new scary environment, you're already on edge and these sounds make you on edge even more.

If you sleep without music for a while, you'll get used to it and be fine.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Soubi-fan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: sounds and noises ? - October 16th 2010, 09:39 AM

maybe you should make a playlist on youtube for in the future as a backup in case you lose your playlist from the media player? or put a cd in your computer that you like and have it loop.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: sounds and noises ? - October 16th 2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soubi-fan View Post
maybe you should make a playlist on youtube for in the future as a backup in case you lose your playlist from the media player? or put a cd in your computer that you like and have it loop.
im currently in the process of buring them onto a cd .. that was creapy and im not gonna let it happen again

Closed Thread