TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bubbly751 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

I feel stupid for feeling like this - October 24th 2010, 03:47 AM

I have gone to the school therapist once but i didnt tell him about me being suicidal, i feel stupid and guilty for feeling this way. I want help but part of me feels like theres no way i feel like that but when i do its like oh yah i need help. Im just scared to tell him, cause i dont want him to tell my parents, which i know he ha the authority to. Idk what to do.

Feel free to PM or VM me

Sh free since 7/10/16

I've been here for 3 years and counting!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lotus Eater Offline
You are not alone.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I feel stupid for feeling like this - October 24th 2010, 04:00 AM

Hey.

First things first, I am sorry you feel this way, and you shouldn't feel stupid or guilty for feeling so because it is not your fault. Sometimes we can't help how we feel.

I understand why you may find it difficult to open up to your school counselor. It's hard to open up about feelings and you're bound to be worried about what he might do or say. Keep in mind though that it is his job to see to it that you feel better about everything. He will want to help you with getting past this feeling. He will listen and he should understand.

Because you're young, he might want to tell your parents just so they can keep an eye on you and because he may think it wise to let them know that you're feeling this way. But this depends on your counselor. If you really don't want your parents to hear about this as yet, you could tell him to leave them out of it for now while the two of you try to sort out why you're feeling suicidal and how to stop feeling that way. And then, if things don't look up, he can consider telling your parents then if he wants to. It may be for the best though if you parents do hear about it eventually. They would want to and they can help you. Talk to your counselor though and ask him if he'd ever talk to your parents about the things you tell him and then you can see from there if you're really uncomfortable about telling him about your suicidal feelings.

I am always here if you need to talk. Feel free to PM me, at any time of the day. I will always get back to you. It helps to talk about how you feel, no matter how much we may sometimes think it doesn't.

Take care <3

You have me.
Until every last star in the galaxy dies.
You have me.

- Amie Kaufman

NEED TO VENT? CLICK HERE.
Never forget, you are not alone. ♥

(#3 (permalink)) Old
inFAMOUS Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Kody

Re: I feel stupid for feeling like this - November 3rd 2010, 09:20 AM

its very important you tell someone that, its better to get help before the suicidal thoughts get worse. dont feel selfish, this a serious matter and everyone will do anything they can to help you

Closed Thread