TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Laurajemm Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

OCD obsessions - October 29th 2010, 06:39 AM

I have pretty severe OCD obsessions, I cant ever stop thinking about violent or sexually inappropriate things i would never do, but it just destroys me because i always think i am going to do something bad, i also dont want to have to constantly see the things i do, does anyone know what i am going through? can anyone help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
~*Rach*~ Offline
FREE HUGS! :D
Not a n00b

Re: OCD obsessions - October 29th 2010, 06:56 AM

Hey Laura,
Welcome to TH
Im Rach
I too had OCD... Its hard to live with isnt it?? I know how you feel....well kinda.
My OCD isnt the same as yours. Its just a little different I guess. But Everyones is different so thats no surprising. I have OCD were I obsess over people. In my mind if I dont worry about them they wont know I love them. I do things like act more like a mum than a friend to them. I text them over and over to make sure they are ok. Its stupid and I hate it but I just cant stop.
I wish I could be there to help you get through ths but I guess I cant which makes me feel so helpless but again thats because of my OCD.

Are you in counselling? Do you have anyone you could go to if you arent??
Are your family understanding and supportive?

I would recomend starting counselling if you havent already as it has helped me more than I ever thought possible.

Do you have any idea where your OCD stemed from?? Sorry if this is a personal question and feel free to ignore if you wish.... But were you abused???
OCD moslty ALWAYS stems from something. Mine from a sisters and friends suicide. Some people I know who have the most common OCD where they wash their hands constantly, watched a documentry when they were young about germs and they just never got it out of their minds. Another friend of mine, counts over and over, and hers stemed from being trapped in a room when she was young and she just sat there counting things and I guess she just never stopped.

Im sorry things are so tough for you at the moment

I wish I could offer you something more but I cant and that kils me.
Just know you arent alone and Im ALWAYS here if you need to talk.

feel free to PM me ANYTIME!!!

I wish you all the best and I hope I helped even just a tiny bit.

Love always,
Rach
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Smile!!
You are gorgous! Always remember that
Feel Free to PM me any time.
"The fear of fighting is a fighting fear"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: OCD obsessions - October 29th 2010, 07:03 AM

OCD sucks. I think it's best to see a psychologist for this problem. Maybe some therapy will help.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Laurajemm Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Re: OCD obsessions - October 29th 2010, 07:19 AM

I want to see someone, but even when i was at a therapist in the past i never feel comfortable discussing my real problems. I cant really remember exactly when it started, so i do not know exactly what started it, i was not abused, my family is very supportive but sometimes i think the things i think are just to bad to share, i do not want people to think i am some sort of morally bad person because im not, i just cant help the thoughts that go through my head. Thank you Rach for your kind comments

(#5 (permalink)) Old
~*Rach*~ Offline
FREE HUGS! :D
Not a n00b

Re: OCD obsessions - October 29th 2010, 07:35 AM

Oh Im so glad you want to see someone!!!! Oh thats awesome!! Thats the first step!!!! Im so proud
Is hard to click with a counsellor sometimes. I guess you just need to have faith that if you keep looking you will find that one that you click with.
What about a doctor?? Do you have a doctor you see that you feel kinda comfertable talking too?? If so maybe you could go to them and explain the problem and ask if they could recomend anyone they think would fit with you?? I dont know just an idea.

Its great that you have a supportive family Your very lucky.
Could you maybe bring it up?? Maybe talk to your Mum and tell her how you are feeling about it. She may be able to help. Are you still in school or collage or anything??
If so they often have a counsellor that is easy to talk too as they deal with younger people often.
Ill add you as a friend and you can talk to me any time.
Good luck Ill come and keep up on you from time to time
xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo

Smile!!
You are gorgous! Always remember that
Feel Free to PM me any time.
"The fear of fighting is a fighting fear"

Closed Thread