TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
stevie141 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Steve

Unhappy schizophrenia ?? - November 25th 2010, 07:51 PM

Well latly i have started to sort of zone out every so often and i know for certain i hear someone talking to me, it feels like in my head but i sometimes snap out with "what did u say" and people are like "i didnt say anything". I'm kinda worried thish could be schizophrenia but i'm not sure like i dont even remember what the voice says to me as soon as i snap out n i'm really scard to tell anyone. Today i told my partner and i was in a state for about an hour afterwards. I'm just so scared and dont know what to do...
  Send a message via MSN to stevie141  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: schizophrenia ?? - November 25th 2010, 08:16 PM

Honestly, I think there is a lot more than just briefly zoning out and hearing something to be Schizophrenia.

Plus, when people zone out, they usually snap back by something, and not really know what happened, or if anyone really did say anything.

If you're concerned, you should see a professional, though personally, I don't think it sounds like anything to be worried about, well, unless the voice says bad things to you.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dark-and-Twisty Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicole

Re: schizophrenia ?? - November 26th 2010, 03:47 AM

I went through a phase where that was happening to me awhile back. With schizophrenia, though, most who have it aren't aware they have it. The fact that you're aware that something is wrong, suggests that it's not schizophrenia.

It's possible that your brain is just on overload. When this was happening to me, I know that it was because I had been isolating myself for too long. I would spend hours in my 'cave' (errr...bedroom) by myself, then I'd try to go be around other people, and my brain could couldn't take it, so I'd zone out. There were a few times I would would start saying random stuff that I couldn't recall saying. Once I was saying, "Byeeeee...Byeeeeeeee...." over and over. I would hear voices in my head too. It seriously freaked me out, and I too thought I was schizophrenic.

It hasn't happened since, and I've been spending more time with people. Maybe that's all you need to do? Try to go out and socialize, and if it happens when you're in large groups of people, you should seek professional help.

"You say you're all dark and twisty. It's not a flaw, it's a strength. It makes you who you are."

~ Derek, Grey's Anatomy

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jenna Peterson Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jenna

Re: schizophrenia ?? - November 26th 2010, 05:05 AM

One of the defining features of schizophrenic delusions is that the person with schizophrenia does not acknowledge that the voices they hear / the things they see / the things they fear are not real / are silly / whatever else you want to say about it. You know this is weird, and therefor don't fit that bill.

If you think something's going on, definitely do talk to someone who can help you figure out what's going on and how to deal with it, but I'm quite sure you do not have schizophrenia.

The walls are high, the walls are strong
I've been trapped in this castle that I built for far too long
You have surrounded me, a sea on every side
The cracks are forming and I've got no where to hide
  Send a message via AIM to Jenna Peterson Send a message via MSN to Jenna Peterson Send a message via Yahoo to Jenna Peterson  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
stevie141 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Steve

Re: schizophrenia ?? - November 26th 2010, 08:10 AM

Thanks guys, you have made me think more that it isn't. I can't go and be with loads of people though Cola because i have problems with leaving the house and seeing people i don't know :/. Hey there is something you guys might be able to help with, a while ago a doc suggested i could have a split personality or multiple, not sure which one. Could that affect anything like this (also i don't think doc was right because i never have black outs) x
  Send a message via MSN to stevie141  
Closed Thread