TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
brpaca Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Paranoia and Anxiety Help? - December 21st 2010, 01:38 AM

Hey, Sorry I'm new here. I guess I'm trying to see what I can do about this problem I'm having.
I don't know what this is classified as, but I think its paranoia and anxiety, but I'll explain:
Ever since me and my girlfriend (I'm a male) have gotten serious about our relationship ( around 5 or 6 months in) I've been acting a big different. I'm constantly worrying something bad is going to happen to her, or someones going to see her naked, etc. It may seem weird or stupid, or just obsessive, but I have these panic attacks sometimes when shes away and doesn't answer my texts, I freak out and cant breathe and i get all worked up. I can feel its really starting to wear on me, and her. I'm constantly paranoid someones going to take her away, or do something to her, or creep on her. Also, recently I've been having these nightmares, like maybe once a week, of her breaking up with me, or something bad happening to her.
Sorry if i posted in the wrong section, but if you have any advice, i'd really appreciate it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
hannahgreenwood Offline
Average Joe

Re: Paranoia and Anxiety Help? - December 21st 2010, 02:12 AM

Wow! I know this might sound weird but do you have any reason to suspect she's going to abandon or cheat on you? Usually, nagging thoughts come from our intuitive ideas of someone. It seems like you all are in a good relationship however if it's been going on for a good 5 or 6 months. Also, do you have any commitment issues or abandonment issues? I know this is fairly rash to assume but some people are afraid of losing what they love the most if they have been hurt before. If you have an abandonment issue you might just be clinging to her obsessively because you don't want her to leave you and if you have a commitment issue you might feel like you have to obsess about her so you'll instigate an argument from her in which she'll say something she doesn't mean and then you will dump her.
Basically, are you currently afraid of losing her? Why? What makes you feel like she's slipping away from you?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
brpaca Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Paranoia and Anxiety Help? - December 22nd 2010, 01:23 AM

Quote:
do you have any reason to suspect she's going to abandon or cheat on you?
nonon, i trust her.
Quote:
Also, do you have any commitment issues or abandonment issues?
I guess you can say I used to have some issues with trusting people after my previous relationship, but thats pretty much gone now.
Quote:
Basically, are you currently afraid of losing her?
Of course I'm afraid of losing her, but no I dont feel like shes slipping away, its just a thought in the back of my mind. Sorry if this seemed more complicated than it should be.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Paranoia and Anxiety Help? - December 22nd 2010, 06:56 AM

It may just be anxiety. I get like that too sometimes. I went through a few months recently where I was CONSTANTLY worried about my parents, dad in peticular because he is a lot older than most dads. Anyhow, I was SO scared that something crazy was going to happen to them like they would someday soon get a incurable disease or get in a car accident and me and my sister would be left on our own. It bothered me so much during the night that I would cry myself to sleep. I am doing better but yeah, I def. know what you mean. It is just fear though.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
hannahgreenwood Offline
Average Joe

Re: Paranoia and Anxiety Help? - December 25th 2010, 03:49 AM

Hmmmm...yeah I guess it could just be anxiety...I'm constantly afraid of things but I just have to reassure myself that everything I'm afraid of is bullshit and there's no way I'll die today or lose something or do something catastrophically wrong..do you see a counselor? Maybe they can ask tap into you better than I can...i'm sorry I'm not too much help....what sort of things can you tell yourself to know that you won't lose her and nothing bad is going to happen? That might be a good thing to just remind yourself when you start feeling that parnoia...

Closed Thread