TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
samtation Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Murder - February 5th 2011, 09:25 AM

Well I am 15 almost 16 and I have been thinking a lot about murder. How easy it would be and how I don't think I would feel guilty. People are shit, and I think If I were to murder people I would probably be a serial killer for publicity. I have been reading about it and apparently I have the tendencies of a narcissistic sociopath . I was wondering if others have these thoughts too.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PurpleMoon Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Billie

Re: Murder - February 5th 2011, 10:33 AM

Most people probably think about murdering people but they just wont be honest I guess you either think about murder or wish death on people. I think it's normal in a weird way

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: Murder - February 5th 2011, 10:35 AM

I think a lot of people think about it but never would, if it gets too bad talk to an adult or someone you trust about it. :-)

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Meowist Offline
awesomeness personified
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Paworn AKA Clover

Re: Murder - February 5th 2011, 05:06 PM

When I was at your age I thought about murder all the times. lol There's nothing wrong with it as long as you don't do it in real life. Also, I suggest that you express it in art - writing, painting, music, etc. It might or might not help clear the thoughts, but it doesn't hurt to try.
  Send a message via MSN to Meowist  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Murder - February 5th 2011, 05:13 PM

I'm bipolar, so I have a lot of violent thoughts sometimes, and although I've never thought about murder before I have thought about hurting people and have gone into fits of rage sometimes for no reason. So I can semi sort of understand what you're going through.

When you do something to hurt someone else, do you feel remorse? If you don't, then that's a big sign that you might be a sociopath, let alone the thoughts of murder. Even if you can't see yourself actually physically hurting someone, that could change in a few years. I honestly think you should talk to a doctor about what's going on. A few years ago I never would have thought I'd start kicking and punching my family members, but it ended up happening, and it started with just thoughts.

So my advice is to talk to someone. It might be something, and it might be nothing. But it's better to be safe rather than sorry.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Murder - February 5th 2011, 06:22 PM

I think many people have thoughts of aggression and murder but most to not carry it out. The other people already mentioned that so instead of repeating them I want to address something different, your ideas of a "narcissistic sociopath". From actual FBI profiler lectures, forensic psychology course and doing a few research papers on psychopaths, the terminology is obscure. However, most, if not all sociopaths show narcissism so it's a redundant term you're using despite the obscurity of the definition amongst researchers, the narcissism element remains. I doubt you are a narcissistic sociopath because in general, a sociopath would fall under someone with anti-social personality disorder so at your age, you would have to have conduct disorder, again, you probably don't. Unless you have conduct disorder or have caused damage/injuries to other animals and non-human animals where you derived pleasure or lack of feelings before, during and after, I would abandon the thought of you being a sociopath.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread