TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
imissyou Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

i hate the crisis team - May 27th 2011, 01:13 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

so i saw my care coordinator yesterday, and as usual put my happy face on. then i came home (i live in mental health supported accommodation) and saw my support worker, then i broke down to her. she said she was worried about me cos i have started self harming again and am having worrying thoughts, and just arent dealing with life very well at all. she said maybe a few days in the psychiatric ward would do me some good. she offered to ring the crisis team for me, and at first i didnt want her to, because of the experiences i have had in the past with them. but in the end i agreed. i wasnt there when she rang them because it was a bit uncomfortable and i was extremely anxious anyway. but she came up and told me what had happened. she had rang my care coordinator who said to ring the crisis team because she was going on a visit and going home and the crisis team should deal with things after 4pm. so she rang the crisis team who said that she would have to get in touch with my care coordinator, but she had obviously gone home. at this time my support worker was finishing work. so i rang the crisis team, and they said about the duty worker instead of my CC and i pointed out whats the pint in having a crisis team they dont answer crisis's, and it was nearly 5pm. so they put me through to a nurse, who didnt even sound like she gave two hoots, and said that no one could come and see me, as they had stuff on, and that i should take some medication and they would ring me at 10pm. i missed the call and tried phoning back, but the line was engaged. i spoke to my CC this morning, and found out that my 72hour admission care plan has expired and there is basically no chance that they would admit me. all they would offer is 15 minutes support each day over the weekend. my CC is trying to get some more support for me, but i dont know if she will be able to manage it. she works 10 miles away from me, and is on duty today, so cant come and see me. ad the crisis team arent doing anything. its all a joke. why do i even bother??

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: i hate the crisis team - May 27th 2011, 01:56 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry that you are feeling like this. I know how frustrating the crisis team can be. They have been very rude to me in the past and sometimes just act like they don't care. They made me go into hospital one time as well, which I was not happy about. I don't really find them helpful because you end up seeing different people all the time and since I don't really talk to people I don't know it makes it really difficult. It is not good that they didn't phone you back especially since they are meant to be there when you are in a crisis!

I wouldn't say hospital was the best option because it probably won't make you feel any better if it is just a short admission. Then when you come out you will have to adapt to being out, which can be difficult. Can you not go and see your care co-ordinator today? It will get better so keep hanging on in there.

Stay strong.

Believe
You can do anything you want to
:-)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
imissyou Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i hate the crisis team - May 27th 2011, 02:12 PM

hey jen,
i know what you mean about adapting to real life when you're discharged, its very hard, but the short admission is just to keep me safe while im like this. the red team are getting involved over the weekend, my CC is just waiting to find out the rota, because i cant see males. and i cant go and see her, i wouldnt even know where to go, as she comes to see me at the outpatients near where i live, and she hasnt got any free time today with being on duty. she is trying her hardest though, she has rang me to keep me updated.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: i hate the crisis team - May 28th 2011, 09:29 PM

Ah ok I hope you are doing ok and managing to get through the weekend. I am here if you want to chat

Believe
You can do anything you want to
:-)

Closed Thread