TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hallelujah Offline
Needs more cowbell.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Joanna

Psychiatric worker coming... :/ - June 1st 2011, 10:46 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My allocated worker from psych services is coming tomorrow. I've seen her briefly once, last week when I SH'd so bad, the hospital called her to come talk to me. I don't think I liked her. She told me to learn to distinguish between suicidal thoughts and wanting my depression to end. What if there's an overlap?
I don't think she took me seriously. I'd exhausted myself so much in the morning I was like a zombie when she got here and I think she was expecting the horrific mess that I usually am.

How do I tell her everything? How do you explain everything to someone without unleashing that tsunami of negativity? I'm suicidal. I self harm. I despise myself. I'm a failure. They hate me. Unwanted, unloved, ugly, fat, hideous, stupid, worthless.

Get my point?

Plus she'll ask all those stupid fucking questions and I'll have to tell her about today and the SH. Ugh. Why can't they just leave me alone?

Just a hop, skip and a jump.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hallelujah 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Psychiatric worker coming... :/ - June 2nd 2011, 08:12 AM

Hey-

I think the best advice I could give, is probably to be honest about it. Maybe she could actually help. Tell her you want help, you want to feel better, and sometimes wanted to feel better leads to suicidal thoughts.

If she's not helpful to you, be honest with her. Tell her you're having a hard time opening up to her for some reason, and if she's any kind of professional it should be within the limits to get someone else to see you I'd imagine.

Best of luck, sorry I wasn't of much help, but if you need to talk, I'm always here!
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Euphoria Offline
Stained glass masquerade
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Psychiatric worker coming... :/ - June 2nd 2011, 02:20 PM

I hope it goes alright. Best of luck. Just be honest and tell all you can bear to say. I'm really sorry you're being judged by someone who should understand the most. I love you dear and wish you all the luck<3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: Psychiatric worker coming... :/ - June 2nd 2011, 08:58 PM

Hey sweetie. I know how you feel. I have to see my psych nurse and 'talk' to her but i know she doesn't understand. I feel like she thinks im a nuisance and that im lying but ive realised that you have to be honest and truthful to reach a better place. even if she doesn't like you or understand you've gotta push and make it work for your sake coz in the end this is for you and not her. Don't worry about it Joanna. Besides you've only seen her once and she may be something different to what you're expecting.
Best of luck sweet <3 x

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
I'm full of sugar and spice.
I've been here a while

Name: Charlotte

Re: Psychiatric worker coming... :/ - June 2nd 2011, 09:07 PM

Hi lovely..
I hope it went well! I'm sure it didn't turn out as bad as you though
If you just relax and tried to be truthful if something like this happens again, it might make it easier <3

Closed Thread