TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bethany

Exclamation Paranoid or not?!? - June 17th 2011, 06:33 PM

So my mom owns a cleaning business and I work for her cleaning houses on the side she usually comes with me or I go with one of her employers... Well there was this house we cleaned today, and I have cleaned this house many times, the owners are sweet and nice they are an older couple both of their kids are married... This house is old and its two stories we do not clean the upstairs cause they don't even go up there much less turn the AC on up there (its their kids old rooms)... They live in a historic home area... Well when we go to clean this house I feel as if I am being watched and strange things happen, like today I folded a blanket and laid it on the couch arm, I went to go get the vacuum to do the rug and when I got back in there the blanket was on the floor, and my mom was cleaning the kitchen at the time so it couldn't have been her... I ignored it and just put it back and moved on, then I went to the foyer area and and just so happened to look over and there was like this cloth on the floor, now I had just dusted in there, and everything in that area was done, it was like one of those cloths you set items on, so I figured maybe I didn't see it when I was dusting and it fell, but then I thought well theres nothing in there that would require that and I have never seen that in there house.. Once again I ignored it... Now these people have a cat and it usually goes upstairs, very seldom to we see the cat unless the lady is home, soo I was passing through and the cat was sitting on the bottom of the stair well just looking up stairs and wouldn't move for nothing in the world.. soo I just went around it... So then I had to go get the broom and sweep the stairs off and as I was sweeping the stairs I just felt like I was being stared at, and I always feel like this when I am cleaning these peoples house... I have never felt this way about anyones house its just this one, and also the lights and ceiling fans, my mom is very good about turning off lights and turning back on ceiling fans after we dust them when we finish somewhere in a house, well it seemed like she missed A LOT of lights and fans and I kept asking her if she forgot and she swore that she turned off the lights and fans on, soo then I am just thinking it is just me, moving on... I was sitting in the kitchen waiting on my mom to finish mopping the bathrooms and what not and I look into the living room and that blanket is back on the floor, and so is that cloth, so I was just thinking ok I have lost my mind.. So we get done and as my mom was just finishing up mopping the kitchen I went to dump the mop water, as I was walking back I saw one of the blinds was open in the master bedroom, now I dust theses blinds with a swiffer and I know all of them where closed, so I tell my mom to go close it and she found it odd too.. And there phone rings alot and its just usually people calling but then it rang one time and before it hit voicemail it went to Dial Tone and then recoreded on Dial Tone so my mom grabbed one of the house phone and looked and it said lines busy... Why would the line be busy if NO ONE is using their phone and why would it be Dial Tone, it seemed as if someone was taking the house phone and calling itself..Wired.. I clean peoples houses all the time and never do I feel this way or these things happen I am very aware of mu surroundings cause I have to know where things go and how it went so I have to pay attention to detail... And I never feel watched except for this house

Now I don't believe in ghost or sprites or anything but could something be going on, or have I just completely lost my mind and I am overly paranoid

"Have no fear for giving in, Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end, Its better to say too much, Than never to say what you need to say again" - John Mayer

Send a message via Yahoo to BethanyAnn Send a message via Skype™ to BethanyAnn 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Tainted Angel Offline
Shy but sweet =)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Paranoid or not?!? - June 17th 2011, 11:03 PM

Well, you can ignore my comment if you wish, since I am a believer of such paranormal/supernatural elements (yet it's also weird too because at the same time I'm a somewhat down to earth person, I just have to see it first & make some assumptions to believe it), but a lot of historical or old houses seem to contain spirits.

I lived in an old house once before, were I couldn't be alone in a room w/o getting the feeling as though someone was watching me. ..
Turns out it was a ghost. A little girl.
I heard her speaking sometimes in the living room at 2 AM calling for her mom.
Scared the heck outta me >_<
And, yeah, other things had happened but I don't want to get into detail.

Anyways, maybe you should ask the nice couple about their home, how long have they been living there? Or check the history of the house, possibly someone died there? Ask if the couple about the strange problems, maybe they've experienced it too?

If you are very certain that those things weren't what they were before (cloths on the ground & closed blinds, when they shouldn't be), then there's some paranormal going on, possibly....? Either that or the cloth & blanket wasn't put on right where it's supposed to be & slipped off the edge & fell & the lights & fan could be from faulty wiring. The blinds, I can't explain though...

Embrace and love yourself,
Even the more darker and imperfect part of yourself,
No one knows you more than yourself,
And sometimes you can count only on yourself...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bethany

Re: Paranoid or not?!? - June 18th 2011, 12:13 AM

it just I have never had this happen I have been doing this with my mom for years, also the vacuum, we just got a new one a year ago for cleaning houses and it works fine and in good condition well today it would just stop and cut off and we would replug it and then it would just go off again we have used this vacuum everytime we have cleaned this house and this never happened...The home has been remolded like all the floors except the kitchen, you can tell it is old but its been redone with all new appliances but one of the bathrooms in the back of the house just seem soo eary and so dose the stare well

"Have no fear for giving in, Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end, Its better to say too much, Than never to say what you need to say again" - John Mayer

Send a message via Yahoo to BethanyAnn Send a message via Skype™ to BethanyAnn 
Closed Thread