TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Misslostintears Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Daisy

Exclamation killer mind - July 21st 2011, 02:21 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

When ever I meet someone. My mind just clicks and for some reason I have thoughts about killing the person. Until I truely understand and know the person the thoughts are there. Those people who hurt me get even worser punishments in my mind. I don't know what this is but in a way I kind of enjoy watching some people being killed.
I got problems I. Know I do but this just got out of hand. Help??mm

IN MY FIELD OF PAPER FLOWERS AND CANDY CLOUDS OF LULLIBIES, I LIE INSIDE MY SELF FOR HOURS, AND WATCH MY PURPLE SKY FLY OVER ME - IMAGINARY BY EVANESCENCE

to love someone is such a beautiful thing,
Keep it in your heart forever
And show it when you need to

(#2 (permalink)) Old
blurryface Offline
|-/
Senior TeenHelper

Name: anathema

Re: killer mind - July 21st 2011, 05:08 AM

This isn't the same thing, but whenever I get close to someone (know some of their past, their history, etc...) my mind clicks and I get images of them committing suicide or them getting in a bad car accident, etc... I envision something horrible to them. Like, my ex-boyfriend wants to go into the Marines, and everytime I think of that, I envision him getting killed.
Not sure what to tell you, but just wanted to say you're not alone :")

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: killer mind - July 21st 2011, 06:09 AM

Yeah, you're not alone with that one Daisy. I get something similar to what Sakura gets. I imagine a lot of my close friends dying somehow, whether it's suicide or an illness, whatever.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Misslostintears Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: killer mind - July 21st 2011, 06:17 AM

You know what. I also get that too. Its weird but sometimes what I see happen does happen like I'm my friends dj's case. I saw him shoot himself he does that 2 days later

IN MY FIELD OF PAPER FLOWERS AND CANDY CLOUDS OF LULLIBIES, I LIE INSIDE MY SELF FOR HOURS, AND WATCH MY PURPLE SKY FLY OVER ME - IMAGINARY BY EVANESCENCE

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: killer mind - July 21st 2011, 06:47 AM

I can honestly say that I have had those thoughts with people like you and Cupcake, and some other people that I won't mention on here, and honestly, I cry for at least an hour or two when I get that way. Is it that bad for you? It's like a "what if this happened to so and so?" or I can see something bad happening to a certain person in my mind, even though it's unreasonable. Does that ever happen to you?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
blurryface Offline
|-/
Senior TeenHelper

Name: anathema

Re: killer mind - July 21st 2011, 07:10 AM

I've been that way ever since I was a kid. I've always just pictured something terrible happening to someone around me. It's not a problem, it's not like it gets in my way, but I'm just like , "Oh what if so-and-so shot himself" or "What if she got in a car accident where this happened would she survive?" They're just random thoughts...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Monnocle Offline
An Endless Daydreamer
Not a n00b

Re: killer mind - July 21st 2011, 10:25 PM

I can relate to that on some level. I used to think of it as more of a defense mechanism. Its stopped for the most part since then, but my mind still paints some pretty sick pictures sometimes. My guess would be to try and find why you subconsciously need to do that. Maybe there's a reason why you need to be defensive. The last option would be to talk it out with someone you trust, you'd be surprised how much something simple can help.

I hope this has helped.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: killer mind - July 29th 2011, 11:05 PM

This keeps occuring with me too. Except mine is with everyone, regardless of if I know them well or not, there are very few people that I have these thoughts about.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: killer mind - July 30th 2011, 01:36 AM

This happens to me, in a different way. When I'm with someone and I see something bad happening (car crash, gun shooting on movie, etc.) I think to myself, "What if that happens to them? What would I do, say, act like?" Then I kinda go through the scenario in my head. It's kinda scary because I can SEE it happening. I thought I was alone with these thoughts. But I guess not.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: killer mind - July 30th 2011, 05:01 AM

Is it like you are angry at them, or is it like an obsessive thought that you can't control? Or both?

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Misslostintears Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: killer mind - July 31st 2011, 07:26 PM

i dont et angry at people that easily. to tell the truth the only people i get angry at is my father and my 9 year old sister. they always die in my head

(#12 (permalink)) Old
BrookeTHaddict Offline
~Brooke~Fairy Dust Wishes~
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: killer mind - August 6th 2011, 05:52 AM

it happens to me also i usually just like click into myself and tell myself cause i will start thinking and being positive that my family is dead or something and sit and imagine how they died and everything and it makes me cry i usually stop the thoughts by saying no there not dead your just being paranoid i get these sickening images often of hurting people and they do disturb me and make me angyr at myself for having those thoughsts and images but i suppose best thing i try is distracting myself as soon as i notice the thoughts
  Send a message via MSN to BrookeTHaddict  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: killer mind - August 11th 2011, 03:43 AM

Yeah this kind of thing has happened to me for almost 2 years. I don't know what it is. I went to the school counceler a few times and she thought it was OCD but a mild case. It is still happening but I haven't been bothered by it as much. I guess cause I am getting used to it.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Wear the red shirt!
Not a n00b

Name: Carly

Re: killer mind - August 12th 2011, 08:57 AM

I don't know about that. I genrally think about killing people that I know quite well because I hate them. I imagien quite graphically too. One of my school aquatinces do it too. I do not think it is normal, but it gives me confort. If it gives you comfort too, then go with it. It isn't hurting anyone

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: killer mind - August 12th 2011, 09:56 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong if you're not acting upon them. However, if they're bothering you, consider seeing a psychologist. I bet it's fine though. Message if you ever need something!

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: killer mind - August 12th 2011, 06:29 PM

I wouldn't see a psychologist since it's benign. If you did, you'd be bounced around from psychologist to psychologist because it'd be viewed as a risk for you acting them out and would eventually see a forensic psychologist.

It's normal and nothing to worry about since you don't have any desire to act them out, and it's only toward people who you're angry with.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: killer mind - August 13th 2011, 09:50 PM

That's happened to me before, typically it's not anger, just a surreal feeling of how easy it would be, especially with a gun in my hand.

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Reece (: Offline
ima' newbie (:
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Reece

Re: killer mind - August 14th 2011, 10:22 PM

i often think when im walking down a road, how easy could i get away with killing that person, however, i've explained it to myself its just the ADHD :3, but sometimes, i can see someone, don't like them then next thing i know i could be like 30minutes walk away and not remember what happened at all; personally i think it's cause i dont take ritalin or however you spell it -.-, but fucknows, i've never told anyone that it happens :3. just lived with it, thought it was kind of normal. clearly not :3

Closed Thread