TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Crunchy Tots Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ross

Exclamation I don't know what to do anymore... - July 25th 2011, 05:48 AM

I have so many things wrong with me I'm starting to lose count. But the main thing is the hallucinations and voice that happen day in and day out. I have had these hallucinations/voices for about 2-3 years now and i have no idea whats causing them, but i just want them to stop.I haven't gotten help from any doctors or anything out of fear of how people will look at me for whatever I'm diagnosed with (my best guess would be schizophrenia of some kind of dementia). I've tried every thing I could think of that would help me escape, weed, alcohol, even self harm, plus a few failed suicide attempts. But my boyfriend has helped me stop most of that, but its really hard trying to keep from going back to it. I'm just running out of options, I mean i want to have a long life and find a partner that would love me, but the taunting of the hallucinations and voices are literally killing me. Please help...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: I don't know what to do anymore... - July 26th 2011, 01:48 AM

Hey Ross,
First I want to welcome you to TeenHelp. I'm sorry you have to go through all this it definitely sounds pretty tough. That's great though you have given up a lot of your unhealthy coping mechanisms. Now, you just have to learn the healthy ways to cope. I think at this point, your best bet is to see a professional. I know it can be very scary just thinking about it but trust me, it's worth it in the end. Remember, people are trained to help. All the people I've seen (and that's a lot) have never judged me just based on my mental illness. They see all kinds of things and they are there to HELP you, not make you feel worse. Does your family know about these things that are going on? Once you reach out to your family and/or friends it's easier to use them to go find help together.

Finding a doctor that fits might take a little while but don't give up on it. It's a huge step you're recognizing you need help and the next step is to get it. Also, I think it's great you have a partner that helps you get through a lot. But, you also have to remember, they can't be your only resource. I'm saying this because I have been put in that position before and it is extremely hard. It's nice to have someone you love help you through tough situations but when it comes to the point where they are the only person you can go to in an emergency, it's important to find others trained to help. It takes a lot of stress off of the relationship as well as helping both of you. That is just in my experience though so yours could be different. I hope I helped! Let me know if you ever need anything, I'm always around.
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DollFace Offline
DollFace
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hiba

Re: I don't know what to do anymore... - July 27th 2011, 04:23 PM

I agree with what Whisperer says. In my opinion what you're going through isnt weird at all. I know people who went through it and if you want me to ask them how they got over their problem i will, but you should really seek professional help.

Closed Thread