TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hakuna matata
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: asdfghjkl;

Thumbs down Food makes me ugly - November 14th 2012, 06:30 PM

When I eat, I become 139434 times more ugly. I'm Maddie Joy, and I'm from Ireland. I'm 16, and literally food makes me ugly. Any food. I could be eating a salad but I feel SO fat. I'm not really overweight. I know for a fact I'm normal weight. [EDITED]. But eveytime I eat, I suddenly feel like I'm hideous, or obese. I eat like a man, because I have a very fast metabolism. (Which makes me constantly hungry, and hard for me to gain weight). I'm never satisfied when I finish eating, because I'm always still hungry, but I don't let myself eat exrta. I don't remember the last time I ate all 3 meals in a day.Actually, I did; just a month ago. But I made myself throw it back up, because thats food I don't need.

you still have to suqeeze into your jeans but, your perfect to me

- Louis the Tommo Tomlinson

Last edited by Coffee.; November 14th 2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers, they are triggering and against Code of Conduct. :) Thanks!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Food makes me ugly - November 16th 2012, 03:23 PM

Hey there! First, I want to welcome you to Teen Help. My name is Lyndsee. I want to apologize for the lack of responses on this thread. I was meaning to respond to this when you posted it, but I got distracted. You're from Ireland? I know this is random, and has no relevance to your thread- but I've always wanted to go to Ireland. It's kind of been a dream of mine.

Anyhow. Onto your thread!

You mentioned being at a normal weight with a fast metabolism. This is what you want to stick with. You want to maintain a normal weight and a fast metabolism. The older you get, the more your metabolism slows. From what I hear. The thing about starving yourself is, your metabolism automatically slows to stop you from losing weight that your body needs to survive. You're better off eating six small meals a day that will sustain you. First, to maintain your metabolism, it's suggested to eat breakfast. The foods you want to eat should be filling. So, rather than eating sugary cereal that will run right through you- try eating fiber breakfast bars. Or things like Cliff bars. Those are more filling than they look and will sustain you until the next time you eat. I suggest to eat some fruit and drink orange juice with it. Eat foods high in fiber and that is healthy. Junk food, sugars, and all that is going to run right through you like water.

Not eating is extremely unhealthy for you. You don't lose weight like that, anyhow. What happens is, anything you eat your body will hold as fat because it thinks it's starving. And even if you weren't to eat anything at all- your body won't get rid of the fat, it'll eat at muscle. You're better off eating healthy because then your body will burn of the excess fat it doesn't need because you're still fueling it. You're keeping it running. You'll feel better about yourself if you learn to love yourself and if you eat healthy. Does that make sense? It took me a long time to figure this one out: If you eat and feel good about yourself, you won't have a need to starve yourself. That's the point you should aim to get to.

Lastly, it's hard to battle this alone. It's a lonely thing to go through unless you have the support that you need. You deserve to be heard. Is there people in your life that you trust right now? Your parents? Teachers? Friends? Let them help you. They care about you, and are willing to help you feel good. It's uncomfortable to talk about these things with people, but the more you do it, the more it will help. Don't get sucked into this cycle of starvation. It's torture. It's not worth it. And YOU are beautiful. Just the way you are. You seem to have a great personality, and you're pretty. Don't let this suck you in. Okay?

I think you might benefit from reading an Article about Eating Disorders. Educate yourself
The Truth about Eating Disorders
A Guide to Eating Disorders.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread