TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kashiee322 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaitlyn

Points: 6,926, Level: 12 Points: 6,926, Level: 12 Points: 6,926, Level: 12

No period yet, I might be forced to get fat (TW) - January 30th 2013, 04:23 PM

Hi, I'm 16 years old. I am 5'2 and at a low healthy weight. I haven't had my period and I've been at this weight for a year. if it doesn't come back by september (long time away I know, but bear with me!) I didn't just have a distorted body image, I was actually fat.. I know I'll be forced to gain weight, I don't know how much but I can't handle weight gain! I'm finally happy with my body and thanks to my mother fucking hypothalmus the weight i'm at isn't enough to produce enough estrogen for a period and not heavy enough to support a fetus. I don't get it, I seem at a good weight... .. if the doctor goes my growth charts im supposedly suppoesd to be in the 75th percentile which leads me to be a tad clinically overweight. HELP..? Has anyone been through this.? Will I have to get fat or gain just a little?

Last edited by kashiee322; January 30th 2013 at 07:59 PM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25

Re: No period yet, I might be forced to get fat (TW) - January 30th 2013, 07:51 PM

Hey,

Oh darling. Breathe. Just breathe. I know your head must be a massive mess right now and I'm truly sorry you're stuck in this hell.

Right. Your weight figures will soon be removed, because they're against the CoC, and triggering to other users. I don't need your numbers and stats to tell you're unwell- very unwell. Why? No period. That's a massive warning sign right there. Means your body is starting to shut down. This isn't a "good" weight. I think somewhere inside you, you know that. Things aren't right. At the weight you are now, your body will continue slowly shutting down until finally you just die, or you could collapse dead any second. I'm not trying to scare you, I'm really not. Or maybe I am. I just desperately need you to see that this isn't right, that this is going to kill you. Is, and I quote "fat" really the worst thing you can be? Is it worse than being vindictive, shallow, selfish, mean, horrible? No, it's not. It's a fucking adjective and society has made it into this horrible insult when it's not. You weren't fat, darling. Everyone has a different natural weight. Where that is you can't control, not without doing damage. It's like trying to move your nose into a different position on your face, and society doesn't seem to realise this.

Sorry for the rant, I got off track No, you won't have to "get fat". You'll have to gain enough in order for your body to start working again. I know that's scary, and I know the voice in your head will be screaming "no", but take it from someone who has been there, that voice is bullshit and you'll be able to learn to ignore it. One day you'll see it was just trying to steal your life. Don't let it. Get help. You can do this.

I'm here for you. I'm not always this angry, honest :')

Take as long as you need.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
kashiee322 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: No period yet, I might be forced to get fat (TW) - January 30th 2013, 08:05 PM

sorry i edited it please don't have it deleted, my body I don't think is "shutting down," nor do I think I can die at any minute. All my other vital signs are perfect. My BP is 120/80, and my heart rate is perfect. The only problem I have is my period, yes you are trying to scare me. You're throwing false information at me, I can't die at any minute if my period is the only thing wrong with me. I think I have hypolthalmic ammenhorrea. No fat isn't the worst thing you can be but as I'm not really any of those negative traits (i know i may seem shallow on here but i really do care for others for than i care about myself) I ate like [EDITED] of calories every single day at my heaviest plus I was always tired and felt like crap and had a high blood pressure from my crappy salty diet. If I felt like that and ate that unhealthy plus my BP was skewed it can't be my "healthy natural" weight..?

When I read this it sounds a few pounds might be enough..

Last edited by Coffee.; January 31st 2013 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Pleaase do not reference weight or calorie numbers, they.are against Code of Conduct. Thanks!!!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Re: No period yet, I might be forced to get fat (TW) - January 30th 2013, 08:23 PM

When I lost my period, all my other vitals were perfect, yet I was told my body was shutting down. I'm not throwing false information at you, nor am I claiming to be a doctor. I'm just a seventeen year old who's gone through something similar.

Your body can shut down at any minute because it's not getting food. Don't have to be skinny, don't have to be skeletal. Bottom line is, you're not eating, you're gonna die. It's like Russian roulette. You don't know when your body is going to give in.

Hey hey hey, I'm not calling you things! I'm just saying how they're worse things to be, I'm in no way accusing you of them!

I'm sorry if I came off as harsh <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
kashiee322 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: No period yet, I might be forced to get fat (TW) - January 30th 2013, 08:44 PM

I am eating actually, it's not fair I should have to eat like a pig my whole life for my body to be happy. I actually eat around [EDITED] caloriesish and somehow I actually lost [EDITED] pounds this month. Most ppl this size would have gained weight eating what i eat. I'm not overly active either haha. I'm not trying to lose weight either and I have tried eating [EDITED] cals but i just mainted my weight and never got my period back, sorry if i came back as snapping back at comments as well im just fed up im legitimately trying to eat enough and its like my body is saying it needs a crap load of food (more than the avg person) to function properly. What da hell? My doctor says im really healthy and doesn't seem concerned (last time i went) about my period..

Last edited by Coffee.; January 31st 2013 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Calorie and/or weight numbers.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Re: No period yet, I might be forced to get fat (TW) - January 30th 2013, 08:50 PM

Sounds like you're hypermetabolic, or something like that (there is a proper term for it, but I've forgotten ). It's when after a while without food, when you start eating again, your body is like "burn alllllllllllll the calories!" It's commonly referred to as extreme hunger, and it goes away if you keep sticking with it, and likely gain weight back until you're at your body's natural set point. That might not be your starting weight, though, it could be lower, could be higher. I'm not you, I haven't a clue . So in conclusion; part of recovery for a lot of people, from what I've heard anyway.

You're doing brilliantly, keep going <3

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Points: 21,690, Level: 21 Points: 21,690, Level: 21 Points: 21,690, Level: 21

Re: No period yet, I might be forced to get fat (TW) - January 30th 2013, 08:53 PM

I'll be quite frank - I don't know very much about this stuff, so I'm not really up to giving much advice...but, seriously, Laura does know more about it.

Please, please do listen to her.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
kashiee322 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: No period yet, I might be forced to get fat (TW) - January 30th 2013, 09:09 PM

ive always kinda had a fast metabolism.. for awhile i was eating probz around [EDITED] or even more and i was stuck at a heavier-healthy (a few pounds over under my ultimate heaviest). Until i went to high school and became really depressed and turned to food for comfort and ate even more, plus I was skipping breakfast (not on purpose) and then eating a huge carbo packed lunch which i know is a major no-no (Blood sugar spike) in the world of weight management. At my lowest weight i was super metabolic, i would eat [EDITED] kcal and not gain an ounce despite being like [EDITED] under the lowest minimal weight haha that was kinda awesome.. no clue what my set point is

Last edited by Coffee.; January 31st 2013 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Calorie and/or weight numbers.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: No period yet, I might be forced to get fat (TW) - February 5th 2013, 03:03 PM

Because there is a more updated thread here, I'm going to close this one. PM me if y'all have any questions.

Closed Thread