TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shelby Jordan

Question ED? - March 28th 2013, 08:31 PM

For probably a year and a half now, I've struggled with eating. Either I eat too much or I eat too little. Up until about six months ago, though, it wasn't too bad. Six months ago I started becoming nauseous when I ate, or I skipped meals. I never purged in the way of throwing up, though I came close, but there are other ways of purging, though they aren't often talked about. I pretty sure I was purging everything I ate for a while. Just a few weeks ago, I started to have an intolerance to fatty foods. I went on a diet and I've managed to lose [EDITED] pounds so far. The loss of weight has helped a little, but I still have an aversion to food. I am also picking at my body more. I just want to know if this would be considered an eating disorder in your opinion. It's been bothering me for several months now.

Last edited by Coffee.; March 29th 2013 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Weight numbers
  Send a message via Skype™ to shelbyjordan.0119 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
arosa Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: samantha

Re: ED? - March 28th 2013, 11:56 PM

i myself have been dealing with bulimia for the past four years roughly. i myself have the same issue as you, or atleast used to. as of right now i eat too much, and weigh about [EDITED], but at my lowest i was [EDITED].

i've recently been finding myself avoiding food all together, or going back to my bulimic antics where i throw up anything i've eaten. bulimia sucks .. anorexia as well, although i've never experienced anorexic symptoms to be completely honest.

the only way to really get better i found was that i relied mostly on a guy i had been dating ( and recently broke off relations with me sadly enough ) but also relying on my friends.

bulimia can get very serious, and deadly so i recommend you find ways to stop yourself.

i found this video on the internet, and i reccomend that you send it out to a friend or a family member if you decide that you must seek immediate help.

/watch?v=CD6AE6gsj3g

it's on youtube, however, i'm unable to post the full link because i'm a new member.

best of luck

Last edited by Coffee.; March 29th 2013 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers, they are against Code of Conduct.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread