TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
gloves123 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rashel

Arrow is this a problem? - April 30th 2013, 09:49 PM

Hi, this has been going on for quit awhile now, maybe 3 months, but it's getting worse.
At first, I was only skipping one meal, but if I ate all three it only bothered me a little bit.
Then, I started HAVING to miss at least one meal or else I would get really upset.
Now, about 2 months later, I don't eat at school anymore, I give my lunch to my friends if I even make one so it doesn't go to waste., I don't eat anything before or after dinner (snack wise) I exercise for an hour everyday and measure my stomach and waist everyday, sometimes twice.
I've even tried to throw up once but it didn't happen because I couldn't bring myself to it.
But I'm afraid it will change and get worse.
But at the same time, I smile every time I get hunger pains even if they feel like knives because it means I didn't eat to much.
I even tried on a shirt I couldn't wear 2 years ago because it shrunk in the wash abit so it was to tight, but I didn't get rid of it.
When I put it on just this morning, it fit perfectly, maybe a half a size to big.
I was so happy and was dancing around.
When I'm at events like my schools band a thon, at dinner, I was almost shaking with fear in the food line and forced my hand to put 2 carrots and some other things that I really love.
But when I sat down with my friends to eat, I only pushed around the food and ate a carrot or two but ended up throwing out the rest.
And since it was my birthday, my mom dropped off a cake and the conductor gave me a slice, but then I walked off for a while and ate one bite, spat it out and threw out the rest even though it tasted amazing!
Is this a problem?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
frison1313 Offline
Average Joe

Re: is this a problem? - May 1st 2013, 09:44 AM

I think what you described is the becoming of an ED. I'm not a profesional but it kind of sounds that you're on the road to have one. It looks like anorexia.
Food is good for you, you need it if you wanna be in a good shape. You deserve it.
Please talk to someone before it get worse.
You're beautiful no matter what
pm me whenever you need :-)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Destiny_ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Destiny.

Re: is this a problem? - May 5th 2013, 05:01 AM

I want to start this message off by saying this. It may sound cheesy if not over heard, but no matter what, you're beatiful. ( Pardon the error.) Both inside and out. Nowadays, girls and even boys, feel the need to be as ''pretty'' as the people they see in magazines or on TV. It's all makeup and photo-shop. They fix their ''defects '' or ''mistakes.'' In this world we live in, you must be perfect to society. You need the perfect hair, or the perfect smile, body and so on. Buts...putting aside the facts I want to tell you this. Forget the facts, the trends. You, you're perfect. Your eyes , your smile, that hair, that body and most importantly, that soul and personality. There's no need to go looking for something you have already, right? I may not know you, but I know that every, single, person is perfect. Perfect in their own little way.

I'd like to share alittle thing about myself. I myself had once startd to gradually it that stage. It was a meal..a no-im-not-hungry-today kinda thing. The skipping lunch, the eating less. The urges to puke. Through the grace of god I didnt go any further and simple accepted the way I looked..somewhat. Yes, there are times where I still feel or look, ''fat'' and want to not eat. I still wear slightly big clothing. And I always do dread being weighed or measured of fitted into anything. It's all a work in progress. Now, despite this, I know I'm beautiful. I may think from time to time 'Im not, but everyone is, so that includes, don't it?
't diet, simply watch yourself. If you eat right, excersize you wont have to worry if y
I advise you to eat more. No, you wont be able to jump into burgers and fries again, because I know most likely you'd puke it out right after because you feel shameful if not scared, or even ''fat''. Eat salads, drink water. No, donou eat a small piece of cake later on in the day. If you eat healthy, and I mean EAT, you'll be just fine. Its not only good for your overall health but for your problem in general. Take some consoling as-well..if you're a-little to scared to jump into that, write down your feelings. Keep a diary, make notes to yourself. And later on read on them, be both you and the doc. Know what I mean? Or, talk to me. I wouldn't mind giving you my full attention. Remember, you're more than beautiful.

With love and the best of luck, Des.~

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Fenzy Offline
Only dogs should fear pounds.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Cassie

Re: is this a problem? - May 5th 2013, 06:47 PM

Hi Rashel !

To answer your question, yes, that is a problem. It sounds to me like your eating habits and mindset are becoming quite disordered. What you are describing sounds exactly like what I was going through before I was diagnosed with Anorexia Nervosa.

You are not eating normally. Eating normally means going to the table hungry and eating until you are satisfied. It is being able to choose food that you like and truly get enough of it-not just stop eating because you think that you should. Normal eating is eating healthy foods but not being so wary and restrictive that you miss out on enjoyable foods. Food is essential to your body. When your body doesn't get the proper nutrition, it takes a massive toll on you.

I was right where you are a few months ago. Then things swirled out of control. I passed out right in the middle of work. Right in the middle of the dining room at a retirement home. There was really no hiding anything anymore. I went to the doctors and they told me that my heart was becoming dangerously weak and that my blood pressure was very low. Boy, was that a punch to the face. I was DYING and I didn't know it.

Long story short, it may seem like it is worth it now. To see those scale numbers drop and to fit into those old clothes. But hon, it is SO not. You are worth so much more. You may feel like there is nothing wrong, but don't take that chance. I took that chance and ended up in the hospital. I'm well on the road to recovery now and I feel so much better. I may sound like your grandmother here But nip it in the bud! Figure out these feelings and habits before they get any worse. I didn't have the nerve to purge but eventually I did. I managed to stop right when I heard that if your body loses even 6% of it's potassium, your heart could stop.

It's just not worth it. You are worth so much more darlin'! <3

PM me anytime <3

Only you have the power to say,
"This is not how my story will end"

Closed Thread