TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

I binged and ate all of my mom's baking stuff. - October 31st 2013, 12:59 AM

Pretty much what the title says. I can't get it under control. It's all gone. I'm an idiot. I am a fucking idiot.

Someone help me, eh?

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

Last edited by Chris; October 31st 2013 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Moved to: 'Eating Disorders' forum.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: I binged and ate all of my mom's baking stuff. - October 31st 2013, 02:00 AM

Hey Anna,

You have my sympathies, although I'd also definitely say that you shouldn't be too hard on yourself. Everyone has problems, and even in trying to solve them we're bound to encounter setbacks.

I'm not completely sure of your situation, but you're definitely not a 'fucking idiot' - you're simply human.

If you do have a big problem with your relationship with food (and again, I'm not completely sure of your circumstances), I'd highly suggest getting some professional help if you haven't already, as you'll be able to receive far more personalised help.

I definitely want you to know, though, that you're not by any means an 'idiot' - don't beat yourself up about this.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Re: I binged and ate all of my mom's baking stuff. - October 31st 2013, 02:10 AM

I'm not generally an idiot, it's just that this completely gets me down.

I've had a binging problem for years. I eat and eat and eat and eat when I'm not talking, because I get lonely and I can't help myself. It usually happens when I'm alone at home, which happens more often than now, now that everyone's working or going to school but me (I work, I just work evenings).

My doctor recommended a counselor, but my mom "could never get me an appointment with her". Now, my little sister's having trouble with drama at school, and she magically gets one within the week. I know my mom didn't really try, because she didn't really think I had a problem. It pisses me off because it's like it's not even a real problem. Just because I don't hole up in a corner and cry doesn't mean that I don't have problems.

It's so hard to beat this. I can't stop binging, and it's driving me nuts that I have no self-discipline.

1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Re: I binged and ate all of my mom's baking stuff. - October 31st 2013, 05:09 PM

Because I don't want to start a new thread, I'm just gonna expand here... No pun intended.

I overeat a lot of the time. I've ate an entire jar of peanut butter, a half-bag of chocolate chips, and a whole box of Fruit Loops all by myself. I don't want to go into eating disorder mode again (which I did to get rid of binging before).

I live on a farm with animals and family members only, and I don't like talking to my family members much. In fact, the only time that I do is when I'm eating with them and commenting on how good or irresistible some food or another is. When I'm busy with work, with being out with my friends, I don't eat hardly at all. Well, compared to what I normally eat. My boyfriend and friends are all in school, and I only work in the evening time. At all other times, I eat about every hour or two hours, and every time I eat something, I binge. I binge to the point that I'm sick and physically incapable of exercising, and still I go back in the next hour and get something to eat.

It all boils down to: I get lonely during the daytime. There's no one for me to talk to, there's nothing for me to do besides sit in the house and watch television because I'm not allowed to go walking in the woods by myself when no one's home (for obvious reasons). I get tired of watching television, sleeping, playing games, and writing. So I eat to break up the banality of it all. Then, when I return to my senses in the evening (when I'm laying down for bed), it hits me all at once. It also tends to hit me when I try to pull on my too-snug jeans, which barely fit anymore.

Closed Thread