TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
random.swirls Offline
Average Joe

Name: Meera

Unhappy I just want to give up - November 12th 2013, 05:39 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey ,

I'm having a rough time with eating. I was doing so well up until now and then since I have had a massive fall out with my so called school friends that has left me suicidal and I just want to go back to eating only chewing gum. I don't wNt to eat proper food.

Love from Meera
xx

Be Strong, Have Faith, Have Courage xx

Current Mental Health - Sever depression, SAD,Self harm, Suicide thoughts, anxiety attacks and voices in my head.

Current Medicines - Fluoxetine

Feel free to PM me anytime , I love getting PM's and I love supporting people as it distracts me from my horrible thoughts.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SoulHelper Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Daniel

Re: I just want to give up - November 12th 2013, 07:55 PM

Random.swirls,
I am sorry to hear about your rough time. It cannot be easy. In order for you to get better, you are going to have to eat. I suffer from Anxiety (which I have had since I was in my early teens), and I know how it feels to be in the situation you are in. I am here to help you and support you in any way I possibly can.

Thank you,
SoulHelper
  Send a message via Skype™ to SoulHelper 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Banshee Prince Offline
One day I am gonna grow wings
Average Joe

Name: Nash

Re: I just want to give up - November 13th 2013, 03:10 AM

Hi there Meera,

I'm sorry things are difficult right now, I know how devastating it can be to lose the support of friends, for whatever reason. And I know that, when things get really tough in life, it's easy to fall back into disordered eating. It's a coping mechanism, a very unhealthy one. So I urge you to try to find healthier ways to cope with these feelings. Keep a journal, take up a new hobby, try to distract yourself in ways that aren't relying on disordered eating. Also, if you are contemplating suicide, please call a hotline or in some way reach out for help. You deserve to feel so much better than you are feeling now.

If you need to talk more, feel free to post more here or send me a pm, okay?

So I will find my fears and face them
I will cower like a dog
I will kick and scream
I will kneel and plead
I'll fight like hell to hide that I'm givin' up
Another Travelin' Song ||| Bright Eyes

(#4 (permalink)) Old
random.swirls Offline
Average Joe

Re: I just want to give up - November 15th 2013, 04:09 PM

Argh , I can't, I don't want to eat . I just want to chew gum

Current Mental Health - Sever depression, SAD,Self harm, Suicide thoughts, anxiety attacks and voices in my head.

Feel free to PM me anytime , I love getting PM's and I love supporting people as it distracts me from my horrible thoughts.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
random.swirls Offline
Average Joe

Re: I just want to give up - November 17th 2013, 03:16 PM

Im feeling so fat I don't want to eat even though my GP said my weight is fine how it is .

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Ral. Offline
'ello.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: I just want to give up - November 17th 2013, 04:42 PM

Meera,

Not eating isn't going to make anything better, if anything it will make things worse. Your body can't function properly without the correct nutritional intake. This means that everything negative you're feeling will be amplified because your brain doesn't have sufficient nutrients to work correctly, and stop these bad thoughts.

You'll also feel weak, which then makes you want to sit around and do nothing because you don't have the energy to go out and see friends, etc. Again, feeding your depression more and more, this isn't a good thing to do.

Look in the mirror! You clearly are not fat, even your doctor has said this, in order to improve you need to believe, that will help tremendously.

If you want to talk, please feel free to VM/PM me, we can talk about anything,
I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Best of luck,
~Jack.

PM/VM Me if you need any sort of help, I welcome ANYONE who wants to talk.

"In case you didn't know, dead people don't bleed. If you can bleed, see it, feel it, then you know you're alive. It's irrefutable, undeniable proof. Sometimes I just need a little reminder.

Closed Thread