TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
broken feathers Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation getting a ED - December 2nd 2013, 11:51 PM

Im worried that I might be developing a ED.
I have been seeing myself as fat and ugly, and the feeling of needing to eat is slipping. Im worried about that because I most of the time, in from of my parents eat a good deal.

The skinny jeans that had fit pretty tight about 2 weeks ago are now starting to slip down every 5 minutes. I feel guilty when I eat.

I dont want to tell my parents because they will say that im overacting.
I need advice.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ral. Offline
'ello.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: getting a ED - December 3rd 2013, 10:59 AM

Hi Broken,

I can't diagnose you because I am not a professional, but it definitely sounds like your struggling with ED typed behavior.

My advice to you is, if you don't want to speak to your parents about it - go see a guidance counsellor or teacher that you are close to and you trust, and tell them that you've had troubles with what you're going through, and that you think you need help. They WILL make sure that you're given help.

There are many healthier alternative to lose weight and get a better body that doesn't involve starving yourself and throwing up, and believe me, they're a lot better for you. Try out swimming or running, and find a diet plan that you like, not one that you feel like you need to follow otherwise you'll gain 10 pounds, because it doesn't work like that. This is A LOT better for you. You can do it.

Everyone here at TH believes in you, you can get through this.

If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM/VM me, I'll try and help you as best I can.

See you around,
~Jack.

PM/VM Me if you need any sort of help, I welcome ANYONE who wants to talk.

"In case you didn't know, dead people don't bleed. If you can bleed, see it, feel it, then you know you're alive. It's irrefutable, undeniable proof. Sometimes I just need a little reminder.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Konohana Sakuya Offline
The 4 arrows stomper
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Karen

Re: getting a ED - December 4th 2013, 09:10 AM

Good day!

I have no experience whatsoever with EDs, but I have been researching about it. I may not be a professional expert, but it sounds like ED symptoms. I do not have the rights to diagnose, anyway. How old are you? Are you still in your teenager phase?

If that is the case, you need to stuff yourself with enough carbohydrate, protein, friendly fat, and mineral. You will also need enough water to prevent hydration. Don't starve yourself because no matter what, your body still needs healthy fat to cushion your internal organs. Eating disorder pattern will rob the cushion and the water out of you.

Exercising is also a good idea. I must admit I am a bit of couch potato because I found most sports' routine boring. I agree with what Ralpanda said. Choose an exercise that suits your liking, not because you have to do it or you will get fat. Nothing good will come out if you do something half-heartedly.

Again, I agree that speaking to parents about our problems is hard, since they will usually label you overreacting. Go talk to your good friend you can rely on, or perhaps a guidance counsellor. Your school doctor can also be a good idea.

By the way, you have done the right thing by talking about your problems in TH. I hope the best for you. We are all ears here, including me. You can PM or VM me if you wish.

P.S: you are beautiful. Do not let your delusion says otherwise <3
  Send a message via Skype™ to Konohana Sakuya 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
loveyourself Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Klara

Smile Re: getting a ED - December 10th 2013, 08:46 AM

I've had an eating disorder and it sounds like you are at the early stages of developing one. You posting this shows that you can overcome it before it becomes a bigger issue. Take a few steps that will eliminate the problem before it gets bigger
1. As you are starting to get a distorted image of yourself and your weight try to stay away from mirrors and do not compare yourself to others.
2. When shopping do not look at sizes but rather try to hold clothing to your body to guess what size you are.
3. Make sure you eat three meals a day, if you feel bad do not snack and make sure these meals are average in size and very healthy
4. Stay away from clothing like those jeans that are tight, you do not want to be able to notice weight changes
5. (the most important) DO NOT EVER STEP ON A SCALE!
I hope you come through this x

(#5 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: getting a ED - December 12th 2013, 11:24 PM

It sounds like you are in the early stages of developing an eating disorder. I would tell your parents what you feel, or if you absolutely cannot do that then I suggest you tell your therapist if you have one, and if you don't talk to a teacher, trusted adult, or a counselor at school. Eating disorders are very dangerous and its very important to nip them in the butt before they get out of hand.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

Closed Thread