TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CaRawooo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: CaRa

Is this serious? - February 11th 2014, 10:19 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have been like this for 3 almost 4 years now. It's been called to my attention that this is not normal. I hate eating but i do it anyways. Once a day, and i purge as much as i can of it. Some days i eat breakfast and keep it down but throughout the day i think about how i could have thrown up but it's too late.. i skip lunch then when i get home i eat and i eat everything, and purge sometimes. most of the time i keep it down.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Awakening Offline
L’amore vince sempre
Average Joe

Re: Is this serious? - February 11th 2014, 11:05 PM

Regardless of how severe an eating disorder is, it's still a serious problem. Even if you don't purge or over eat everyday, it's a big deal that that kind of behavior occurs at all. We all feel guilty about eating sometimes when we go over the top and totally pig out, but when you're feeling guilty every day for eating normal amounts of food then something isn't right, especially when it gets to the point of purging or not eating at all.

You shouldn't have to live the way you've been living. You should be able to have a meal when you're hungry and not feel guilty for the rest of the day. I would imagine this doesn't just affect you physically, but emotionally as well. Your eating habits shouldn't be causing so much stress in your life, and it's not fair that you have to deal with that.

I think it would be a really good idea to talk to your parents, or another adult you trust, about what's been going on. You shouldn't have to face this alone. There's help that can be provided to you and it would be a lot easier to have someone to support you rather than dealing with this on your own. I also think it's important to get help early on and before the problem becomes more serious. Even if you don't feel like it's too big of a deal right now, it could easily escalate into a bigger problem that is harder to solve.

Maybe do some research on eating disorders too. It would definitely help to know what you're dealing with, and you could find out what kind of help you could get if you do decide to talk to someone about this.

If you ever need to talk things through with someone feel free to message me anytime. I wish you the best of luck and I hope that things improve for you soon.

Closed Thread