TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sunflower Offline
bathing in lavender sunshine
Average Joe

Name: Donné

Seven Wasted Months - May 17th 2014, 01:31 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I just purged for the first time in 7 months and I'm glad that I did it because I fucking hate myself and I'm a fat piece of shit and I just want to fucking die already.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
sunflower Offline
Average Joe

Re: Seven Wasted Months - May 18th 2014, 03:34 AM

hahahaHAhahAhahaHaAha

Mom told me I need to lose weight today

Okay. challenge accepted. challenge... accepted.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Seven Wasted Months - May 18th 2014, 03:45 AM

Hey Donné,

I don't believe in relapse. I believe that people make mistakes, and recovery is a complicated process. By believing that this one slip up purge ends your long, seven months of recovery, it hurts your progress and puts you on a downward spiral. Think of it like you tripped. You can always get up and start running again.

Don't listen to your mom; listen to a doctor. If a doctor has told you to lose weight, go back to that doctor and have them help you do it the healthy way by a healthy diet and exercise. But if a doctor has never mentioned anything about your weight, than screw your mom, societal standards, silly BMI calculators (a very inaccurate measure of weight) or anybody else telling you to lose weight. They're wrong.

Have you ever seen a counselor about your unhealthy behaviors with food? Even if you don't meet the criteria for anorexia or bulimia, you still deserve to get help for these unhealthy behaviors, and find coping mechanisms for them. It doesn't have to be like this for the rest of your life. You have the power to turn it all around.

Stay strong

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Peter Pan Offline
New Memeber
Not a n00b

Name: Peter Pan

May 18th 2014, 12:10 PM

I think that you should be really proud for the seven months and you should so something to treat yourself, maybe you if you have a little spare money then buy yourself a book or something that you wanted. I would not listen to your mum, what does she know? I am bulimic so I can't talk, but BMI going works for people who are not that tall. I was told that by my nurse so the numbers it produces are non-sense anyway.

It is more about how you feel about your weight. If you are eating breakfast which I can't seem to do, having lunch and then dinner PLUS snacks in between then you are eating enough. I was told this by a nurse and I have lost [EDITED] since I been listening to her and that includes purges with binges. You're snacks don't have to be major, but there are healthy cereal bars that I have been eating and they taste good and don't make me put on weight.

As Traci said it is just a setback, nothing going backwards. I normally purge three or four times a day, mostly with water but still that is messed up and it is affecting my teeth. So you are doing great compared to me. Plus, if you then worried about your weight talk to your nurse or doctor about it, they won't be personal and will help you rather than judge you. Mine helped me come up with a diet that really helped because it allowed me photocopy it and then I can tick off what I have eaten that day. So I don't feel guilty. Then anything purges I can fill in why I did it or if I ate more why I felt like I had to do that,

Basically eating the three meals plus snacks, I am slowly less purging and binging plus losing weight. So your body needs food and if you eat what you are meant to then your body gets used to it and your body weight is healthy. That way you will lose weight which I know, sounds weird but it works. Then its all about how you feel. I would love to feel confident in my body, but I wish you could as well. I don't know what you look like but I doubt your deserve the label "fattest person in the world". Be honest.

Sorry was going to say don't be hard on yourself but that is not easy

Last edited by Coffee.; May 18th 2014 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers, they are against Code of Conduct. Thanks! Merged posts.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
sunflower Offline
Average Joe

May 18th 2014, 06:35 PM

Traci. I stopped caring about recovery anymore. My EDNOS history in known and noted but I always act like it's not a problem anymore. So none of my therapists have rver bugged me about. It's the one thing that I won't be transparent about.

Lewy. Yeah I don't follow bmi anymore. Just what I see on the mirror and on the scale. Food makes me sick. I see it, I smell it, I think about it and I get painfully nauseous. I'm not like everyone else. I don't need food, I really don't. I'm just being gross. I am glad that you're making progress.

Traci. I stopped caring about recovery anymore. My EDNOS history in known and noted but I always act like it's not a problem anymore. So none of my therapists have rver bugged me about. It's the one thing that I won't be transparent about.

Lewy. Yeah I don't follow bmi anymore. Just what I see on the mirror and on the scale. Food makes me sick. I see it, I smell it, I think about it and I get painfully nauseous. I'm not like everyone else. I don't need food, I really don't. I'm just being gross. I am glad that you're making progress.

Last edited by Coffee.; May 18th 2014 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Closed Thread