TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
But this isn't wonderland
Welcome me, I'm new!

Nosebleeds while purging (vomiting)? - September 7th 2014, 02:18 PM

So I purge [Edited.] kind of often, and some days this weird thing happens where I get a nosebleed.
The bleeding stops when I go back to standing upright, but when I lean over the toilet and trigger my gag reflex again, the bleeding returns.
It's kind of annoying me that I can't quite 'finish' purging but that's probably for the best.
My real question is if it's abnormal and if I should be worried for my health?.. well, worried on top of the health risks and problems of binge/purging on it's own.

Last edited by LlamaLlamaDuck; September 7th 2014 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Removing details that could be harmful or give ideas to others.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
crotia Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Nosebleeds while purging (vomiting)? - September 7th 2014, 02:33 PM

well, it's possible for your nose to bleed if you have a high blood pressure.
And it's also possible that you now have a weak point in your nse so maybe if you force your food out the pressure on that weak point bursts. But I just ask my biology teacher monday. With some story about my sick sister whose nose started bleeding when she threw up. If that's ok with you at least? And maybe you should stop throwing up all together. Please just try. Even if it's just for one day.Wouldn't it be amazing if I asked you tomorrow at five if you have done it and you can tell me no. I have kept myself in check for 2 days now and I'm going for number three.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Nosebleeds while purging (vomiting)? - September 7th 2014, 07:13 PM

Hey there,

There are a number of reasons your nose could be bleeding. I personally would look into seeing a doctor about this to make sure that everything is okay just to be safe. Your doctor can help assure you that everything is running smoothly and do some tests to make sure that everything in your body is okay.

I know talking to a doctor about this could be scary but it is better to be cautious then to end up having major complications.

I hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
crotia Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Nosebleeds while purging (vomiting)? - September 7th 2014, 09:19 PM

well, it's possible for your nose to bleed if you have a high blood pressure.
And it's also possible that you now have a weak point in your nse so maybe if you force your food out the pressure on that weak point bursts. But I just ask my biology teacher monday. With some story about my sick sister whose nose started bleeding when she threw up. If that's ok with you at least? And maybe you should stop throwing up all together. Please just try. Even if it's just for one day.Wouldn't it be amazing if I asked you tomorrow at five if you have done it and you can tell me no. I have kept myself in check for 2 days now and I'm going for number three.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Nosebleeds while purging (vomiting)? - September 7th 2014, 09:36 PM

Hey,

I have no clue why your nose could be bleeding but I think it's something you should get checked out. I would make a doctors appointment and tell them what is going on with everything. And when I say everything I mean the nose bleeds and the purging and you can get help with both. I know it will be hard but it will be worth it. If you ever need to talk I am here for you and you can pm/Vm me anytime

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Nosebleeds while purging (vomiting)? - September 9th 2014, 10:39 PM

Just like what everyone else has, there could be a lot of reasons as to why this is happening to you. I suggest going to the doctors to get a second opinion, but I will try to help you out to the best of my abilities.

Like I have said above, there could be a lot of reasons as to why your nose bleeds when you purged. Throwing up causes your blood pressure to rise. Another reason could be because of all of the constant pressure all of this purging is putting on your body. This constant pressure is commonly found in the mouth and face area. This constant pressure can cause little blood vessels to burst, which in turn, causes your nose to bleed.

Like I have said above, I suggest getting a second opinion from a medical professional to just to make sure it isn't anything too serious.

Member Since 1/15/2012

Closed Thread