TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Fuck this shit - October 28th 2014, 02:35 AM

As the title says fuck this shit. I have been trying to loose weight the healthy way but I can't seem to. So I don't give a flying fuck that I'm computerizing my recovery. I am only eating dinner from now on until my cruise on the 22nd of November, I still will have no purging unless I fuck up and eat more than dinner. Then I have no problem purging. I will go back to recovery after I loose the weight I need to to be able to go zip lining in a month.

I have no clue why I'm posting this because I don't think anyone can change my mind.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: you can call me Rina

Re: Fuck this shit - October 28th 2014, 03:07 AM

I don't know if it would be wrong of me to say to not do that and give you a speech on not restricting, when I'm going to do the same thing. I think that I would be a hypocrite. I just ask that you think about the consequences and the lasting effect on your health. You told me yesterday to try and do it a more healthier way. Don't give up on loosing weight just try it a different way maybe.

Last edited by ~Creative Disaster~; October 28th 2014 at 04:45 AM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Offline
i am jack's smirking revenge
I've been here a while

Re: Fuck this shit - October 28th 2014, 04:00 AM

Hey there,

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with your recovery right now. As you know, many people struggle with relapsing during recovery. The key is to really use your supports right now, even if that's the last thing you want to do. Talk to your doctors or nutritionists (not sure if you're seeing one), and let them know what's going on. The urge to resort back to old habits can be difficult to fight, but you'd only be backtracking in your recovery and I think you already know how miserable eating disorders make you feel physically and mentally.

The thing about losing weight the healthy way is that it takes time to see progress. Exercising, eating healthy meals, staying hydrated, etc are all things you can do to lose weight the healthy way. But you have to understand that this is a long-term thing, and it takes time to see change. Don't be discouraged!

Not getting quick results can be frustrating, I know. Restricting, purging, or doing any of these things may possibly result in some faster change but it costs you your health and happiness. And that's just not worth it. In addition, many times eating disorder behaviours will cause your body to go into survival mode, so you won't end up experiencing any change in weight anyways.

Anyways, I do suggest you reach out to your recovery supports right now. You deserve to be happy and healthy. Recovery isn't easy and sometimes you just want to quit it all together, but I promise you it's worth it in the end. Reach out to others and dig deep...go over all the reasons why you want to recover and use that as motivation to stay on track with your recovery even though it's difficult right now.

Hopefully this helps a bit.
Take care. :]

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Fuck this shit - October 28th 2014, 05:11 AM

It's not an urge. It's a must in order to loose weight I HAVE to do it this way. I don't want to but I have to. I do end up loosing weight as soon as I start the behaviors.

I don't know why I posted this because I highly doubt anyone understands that I don't want to do this but in order to be able to go zip lining I have to do it this way.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: Fuck this shit - October 28th 2014, 02:02 PM

Is ziplining more important than your health though?
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Fuck this shit - October 28th 2014, 02:50 PM

Losing weight by purging is unhealthy. I know your "ED" mind is telling you to do it and it is a must, but it is not a must. Losing weight the healthy way takes time and patience. It doesn't happen over night. These dangerous eating disorder behaviors can cause damage to your body.

Healthy eating paired with exercising can help you lose weight. Try to workout at least 3-4 times a week for at least 30-60 minutes. Don't forget to eat three full sized meals a day and don't forget to add fruits and vegetables, too. There is a lot more to healthy eating then just eating more fruits and vegetables. You have to find a balance between all of the food groups and incorporate them into your daily diet. How long have you tried to eat healthy? If it hasn't been for that long, then keep trying. It can take a while for results to show.

Member Since 1/15/2012

Closed Thread