TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Hallween+Candy=binge=Purging=restricting - November 1st 2014, 04:40 AM

I am fucking screwed. We have so much candy left over which means I am going to be hoarding it in my room and eating it then I will end up purging and restricting. I just have come so far I don't want this to happen but I know it will.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: you can call me Rina

Re: Hallween+Candy=binge=Purging=restricting - November 1st 2014, 08:44 AM

I was thinking the same thing. You're not completely screwed yet, maybe you can have someone throw it out or you can give the rest away. If you decide to keep it that doesn't mean that you have to binge on it, you can just portion it. Maybe even set up a reward system, like for everyday you mange to not purge, restrict, or SH you can have a few pieces or just one. Don't give in or give up your recovery. You have this! I'm rooting for you and I'm also trying to root for myself. We can get through this.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: Hallween+Candy=binge=Purging=restricting - November 1st 2014, 06:10 PM

Its hard when you know you have direct access to it. Maybe someone you live with can help you monitor how much you have each day. For example at meal times that person can take some out, and you can eat all the ones you get until the next time. Another thing you could do is hide it yourself and distract as much as possible or even divide it and hide in a few different places. That way if you relapse and binge you will only have some of it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Hallween+Candy=binge=Purging=restricting - November 2nd 2014, 02:38 AM

I definitely agree with the other posters; you don't have to give up. Don't hoard it all in your room, have a family member tuck it away somewhere safe and/or out of easy reach, and you can have very small amounts each day or even every couple of days. You can do this, we're all here for you.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#5 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Hallween+Candy=binge=Purging=restricting - November 2nd 2014, 03:02 AM

Thank you it's really hard especially since it's all the candy i like. I'm eating it right now and can't stop. I asked my grandma to hide it and give me some daily and she said I don't need it daily. But she hasn't put it away yet.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Hallween+Candy=binge=Purging=restricting - November 3rd 2014, 11:25 PM

I have the same problem. Instead of handing out sweets to the kids this year we handed out healthy snacks because my mom and I knew if there was any left over I'd binge on it. Felt bad for the kids because you know they wanted candy, but oh well. So now we just have snacks left over, which my mom still hides because when I crave something anything is game. But, definitely either get rid of it and throw it in a dumpster so you can't get it back or have someone hide it. It's a lot of will power to give up the candy, but worth it in the long run because you're doing so well. It's still okay if you binge and purge too, just gotta get back on track!

Oliver.

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Hallween+Candy=binge=Purging=restricting - November 4th 2014, 01:23 PM

Everyone has given you fantastic advice that I can't really add to. I just wanted to remind you that the season has nearly passed, it's nearly over, and regardless of whether you resisted or slipped, the temptation will be gone soon. If your grandma hasn't got rid of it yet, is there anyone else you can ask to get rid of it for you, or could you try and get rid of it yourself?

If getting rid of it isn't an option, try anything to distract yourself and I know how hard that can be, but you are so much stronger than your urges. You can resist, I believe in you.

Hope you're doing alright since you last posted x

Take as long as you need.

Closed Thread