TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Complete Love. Offline
Life goes on...
Regular TeenHelper

Full yet so hungry - December 17th 2014, 06:47 PM

Does anyone else have this problem where they eat a balanced healthy meal. And afterwards you feel full but you're still so hungry.. I don't know what i'm supposed to do about it. Its really triggering me to binge. What am I supposed to do about this? So confused.

"If I could just unzip my skin, step out of this body, then I would see who I really am.” -Wintergirls

FREE HUGS

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: Full yet so hungry - December 17th 2014, 06:59 PM

Hey there,
I get the same thing! It can be quite confusing.
Sometimes you might really be thirsty and mustaken it for hunger so you can try drinking water and be mindful of salt intake.
Another thing is that it takes 20 minutes to feel full after eating so wait those 20 minutes and see if youre still hungry. lastly, it could very well be anxiety or tension which means that relaxing techniques could help ease such tension. It is something i struggle with too and hope you figure things out. Something you can also try is keeping a food journal. I read that people tend to get addicted to what theyre intolerant to. So for instance you could be lactose intoleramt and not know it and just feel like eating dairy products. Is it a particular food you are craving?
There can be many reasons, but there can be biological or nutrional reasons. Perhaps speaking to a doctor during a checkup after you collect some information with a food diary.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Complete Love. Offline
Life goes on...
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Full yet so hungry - December 17th 2014, 07:29 PM

No, there is no specific food. I'm just hungry. From more food(whatever I was previously eating) to sweets. I already have a meal plan, But even if I was to eat a little more than what was on my meal plan after I waited some time, I would feel really guilty and there's a high chance I would act out on ED behaviors.

"If I could just unzip my skin, step out of this body, then I would see who I really am.” -Wintergirls

FREE HUGS

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Full yet so hungry - December 17th 2014, 08:16 PM

If you're still hungry after a meal, you may not be eating enough for your body. Everyone is different and needs different amounts to feel satiated. If increasing this or changing your meal plan yourself would trigger you, could you talk to your nutritionist or whoever made your meal plan and ask them to raise it for you? Explain your problem to them

Take as long as you need.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Complete Love. Offline
Life goes on...
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Full yet so hungry - December 17th 2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin. View Post
If you're still hungry after a meal, you may not be eating enough for your body.
Its hard to explain. I do feel full after the meal. but im still hungry. Maybe i'm not getting enough thoughout the whole day in general. I could try adding more to a different part of my day maybe. ?

FREE HUGS

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Full yet so hungry - December 18th 2014, 06:36 PM

Maybe try spacing some more food out through the day, yes, and see if that helps.

Take as long as you need.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Full yet so hungry - December 18th 2014, 11:08 PM

You also may not be getting a sufficient amount of certain macronutrients. For example, many times, people do not eat enough protein or fat, and it causes them to feel hungry later on. You may want to consider eating more protein, such as meat, beans, or tofu, or drinking protein shakes as snacks throughout your day. Almonds make good snacks to help you stay full.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Full yet so hungry - December 18th 2014, 11:46 PM

Hey there,

I think that this is something you should talk to your nutritionist about and see if they can help you figure out what is going on. This might be something they could help you with. You also might want to talk to your therapists about this as well. You might be feelings something that is known as an emotional hunger which you can work on dealing with in therapy sessions.

I hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck. If you need anything feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread