TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Peach_Out:. Offline
pain demands to be felt
Average Joe

Name: Dominick Joseph

Bingeing after adderall come down - January 29th 2015, 05:19 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Ive found that i will not eat during the day while on my dose of adderall xr (30mg in morning 30mg around 11:30) and when i get home as i start to come down off my adderall i will binge and eat what every i can find. I feel really guilty about it the next day and sorta "challenge" my self how long i can go without eating. i insult myself and put my self down, reminding myself i dont need food. and its weird because as i write all of this i realize how different i am on adderall and how i sound like 2 different people. i dont like what im becoming......

" Blue hydrangea, cold cash, divine, cashmere, cologne and white sunshine."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Bingeing after adderall come down - January 30th 2015, 02:19 PM

Hey,

Instead of not eating throughout the day, I think you should try eating regularly. The fact you're not eating through the day is probably what is causing the trigger to binge, as your body is desperate for nutrients. Is there any reason why you're not eating, for example feeling sick/ side effects/ or is it more of a mental thing (the challenge, wanting to be thin?) It can help to identify your triggers. Not eating and then binging is very dangerous, you could rupture your stomach and cause all sorts of problems with your organs. I'm not trying to scare you, I'm just trying to let you know that what you're doing is harming you, and you don't deserve that

It's really important you talk to someone about this. Is there any alternatives to adderall you could potentially be prescribed? It sounds like this drug is causing you a lot of problems, and especially interfering with your eating pattern is dangerous. Even if you need to stay on the drug, there could be counselling or something that could be done to help with your mental state regarding eating. It's really important you seek help though, remember that. Be brave <3

Keep your head up, you'll get through this

Take as long as you need.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Bingeing after adderall come down - January 30th 2015, 02:42 PM

I, too, take adderall and I find that at the end of the day, when my meds start wearing off, that I pretty much eat everything in sight. I eat normally, but I still find myself, hungry even after eating a big meal. One of the side effects of Adderall is appetite suppression.

Have you ever told your doctor about this? They are probably going to tell you that there really is not much that you can do except to just deal with it.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Peach_Out:. Offline
pain demands to be felt
Average Joe

Name: Dominick Joseph

Re: Bingeing after adderall come down - January 31st 2015, 04:47 AM

its not really that i dont wanna eat i just kind forget to eat, like the meds just make me not think about eating. im one the maximum dose they can give me, and this only because i am larger than normal, i experiance alot of the potential adderall side effects but just figured to suck it up and get through it,

" Blue hydrangea, cold cash, divine, cashmere, cologne and white sunshine."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Bingeing after adderall come down - January 31st 2015, 02:10 PM

Set an alarm, and stick to it. Make it regular everyday, and eat at those times until your body gets into a routine. Although you don't feel hungry, your body still needs food and so it's important you give it that. If you don't want to set an alarm, you could ask someone to remind you to eat at certain times

Take as long as you need.

Closed Thread