TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Staypositive Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Brianna

Went from one ED to another? - July 31st 2015, 02:27 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I was struggling for a long time with anorexia nervosa, and for the last few months I have been slowly recovering from it. I was doing extremely well, and I kind of had a wake up call that I was starting to go back to it. So when I realized this, I've been trying to fix it again. The last few days I recently started to make myself sick when I eat. So am I going from anorexia to bulimia, or what is going on here?

"I've decided to stick with love. Hate is too great aburden to bear." Martin Luther king Jr.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Went from one ED to another? - July 31st 2015, 08:50 PM

I am so sorry you are going through this I know how much it sucks I have EDNOS and go through three things.

First of all your eating disorder can go from one extreme to another that is very common and it's heard of a lot. But just so you know bulimia is where you binge and purge too. Not just making yourself sick after every meal you eat. That is a different thingit's called purge disorder I think. But anyways I think you should talk to your therapist about this so you can get help before the purging becomes a really bad and controlling thing. If you ever need to talk I am here for you.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Went from one ED to another? - August 1st 2015, 03:31 PM

Hey there,

I have heard of people who have anorexia using purging as a way to get rid of meals they have eaten. If you aren't binging and purging then I don't think that you would be classified as having bulimia. I think there are different terms for what you are doing but I can't remember them all.

I would suggest that you work on dealing with your eating disorder head on. Is there anyone in your life that knows that you are struggling with this? If not it might help if you opened up to someone about it. I know that in treatment they taught us that eating disorders feed on secrecy so if you open up to someone about it and get a positive response it could help you work on overcoming this.

Have you ever considered getting treatment for your eating disorder? Maybe seeking out a treatment center or simply going to therapy? If you find the right treatment for your eating disorder you can work on finding the tools to deal with it and work on getting to a better place.

I hope that this helped and if you ever want to talk feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Staypositive Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Brianna

Re: Went from one ED to another? - August 1st 2015, 04:21 PM

There is one person who knows, my best friend. She lives in another state so we only can email each other. But I told her what is going on, and she sent me back a very long email (I had to scroll down six times) about how she knows I can pull through this. She is sending me a lot of suggestions on ways to overcome this that worked for her (she had an eating disorder at one point).
I have a therapist and I might have to tell her soon. Honestly I really don't like my therapist, but she is the only one in a sixty mile radius from my house and nobody will drive me that far, so for now I'm kind of stuck with her. I will be moving to my aunt's soon though, and my aunt is already looking into therapists for me there. Maybe I will find a therapist I like down there. I might end up telling my aunt, the next time I come down here (I'm there right now, but leaving tomorrow morning).

"I've decided to stick with love. Hate is too great aburden to bear." Martin Luther king Jr.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Went from one ED to another? - August 3rd 2015, 02:02 AM

Hey there,

It kind of sucks that you don't like your therapist. Is there a particular reason why? Is this something you could talk to her about and try and work to find a compromise while you are in session? I think that sometimes you end up not clicking with your therapist which can lead to a dislike and other times the issues that are causing you to dislike the person can be worked through and you can work on building a stronger relationship. If you can't resolve this issue then getting a new therapist would be best. If it isn't possible right now I think that is fine as long as there is someone in your life who is actively trying to help you work on getting in with someone else. Hopefully while you are going to therapy with this person you can get a little something out of it even if it is just someone to vent to about some of the things going on.

I think that telling your aunt would be a good idea. I am sure she will be supportive of you and try to work to help you overcome this.

Do you still talk to your friend about your eating disorder? Maybe you could message her and ask her what kinds of things helped her overcome it. I think that while different things help for different people it can't hurt to ask this and see what kind of suggestions she has to give.

I hope that this helped.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread